Dynasty League Start-up.

John232

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I've always wanted to be part of a dynasty league and I may be dropping out of a pay-home league I am currently in so pencil me in as well.

I've always played with IDPs and would actually prefer them over using team d/st but i'm game for whatever. 

What site will we be using?

I think its been quite a few years since we ran a fantasy league here @gridirongorilla  (right tag i think?) ran ours for a bit.

No idea on what site to use. we've used ESPN, but it's incredibly annoying at times, but might be easier. Plus, it's what i'm familiar with (i'll take on commissioner duties for this year, but might be good to have multiple heads working it)  I'll pencil you in though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John232 said:

No idea on what site to use. we've used ESPN, but it's incredibly annoying at times, but might be easier. Plus, it's what i'm familiar with (i'll take on commissioner duties for this year, but might be good to have multiple heads working it)  I'll pencil you in though. 

sounds good. I've used both yahoo and espn so I'll be fine with it.

Worth noting, I have no idea how IDP would work with an auction draft. Not sure if we should have a seperate draft for that or how to set it up, what the best scoring is. Assuming this league takes off. We can maybe put up some polls and vote on it. 

10 minutes ago, John232 said:

Worth noting, I have no idea how IDP would work with an auction draft. Not sure if we should have a seperate draft for that or how to set it up, what the best scoring is. Assuming this league takes off. We can maybe put up some polls and vote on it. 

Here is what we use in my home league. We play with two D positions and two dbs but i'm up for us playing just D players. D = any defensive player. Ignore the numbers on the right hand side.

Tackle Solo 1  
Tackle Assist 1 0.5
Sack 2  
Interception 2 3
Fumble Force 1 2
Fumble Recovery 2  
Defensive Touchdown 6  
Safety 2  
Pass Defended 1  
Block Kick 2  
Extra Point Returned 2

Here is how we have the defensive players in the league I run, take it for a grain of salt though, I am going to modify it so the points are actually higher the goal being to try to balance offensive and defensive players points per week average.

Defensive Players
Each Sack (SK) 3   Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK) 2
Each Interception (INT) 5   Each Fumble Recovered (FR) 2
Each Fumble Forced (FF) 1   Each Safety (SF) 2
Assisted Tackles (TKA) 0.5   Solo Tackles (TKS) 1
Stuffs (SF) 2   Passes Defensed (PD) 1

• 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

If there’s room I’d love a spot. I’m in a dynasty league now with long time friends and we use  myfantasyleague which has been a pretty cool site and worked very well for the last 3 years. 

Awesome! counting you in.