Packers Fire Mike Mccarthy, Joe Philbin named Interim HC

Hawkfan191

1 minute ago, Leader said:

And MM was part of that anticipation. The guy is / was a proven winner.
It's statistical fact.

Its not like the season was starting up and we had "sure thing" Hue Jackson at the helm.

Now - I know you tend to diminish MM's contribution. I'll just end the comment with a hope that our next HC amasses the same (if not better) stats as MM was able to do. Plus - the guy was a credit to the community of Green Bay. He would have easily been a lifer if the opportunity afforded itself. He wasnt gonna pull a Holmgren and split - ditch a SB quality roster - for greener pastures.

I'm not talking up MM - things had definitely devolved around GB - but he was far from the bum some folks depict him as.

Not dimishing Mike McCarthy as a human being. I think you know where I've been on him as a football coach for a lot of years. Let's see what happens to him going forward. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's really ugly

Yeah a day may have been nice. I really think one could see this as mercy for MM. If the room is really that bad and AR is feeling the way the media says he is then it’s better to let him go now instead of trying to fight the next 4 games which hurts MM too if they keep losing.

I like the love now although AG as you said waiting until tomorrow wouldn’t have been bad either. Maybe Murph needed to do it now though Maybe he thought if he waited he may change his mind. 

5 minutes ago, Howler said:

Glazer just said that other coaching staff personnel are pissed the way the packers handled this firing.

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit worried about the way the FO seems to be a little off the rails.  The process of relieving TT of his duties was odd.  The process of naming the new GM was worse.  Now this.  None of it looks good.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not.

Making big decisions (and I'd say firing a coach in season versus after is a big decision) shouldn't be made on the spot.

Nobody knows when the decision was made that this was going to happen.  It could have been after the bye, after SEA, mid week before the ARI game.  

When it is announced is another matter.

Just now, squire12 said:

Nobody knows when the decision was made that this was going to happen.  It could have been after the bye, after SEA, mid week before the ARI game.  

When it is announced is another matter.

Very true. If the decision was made ahead of time, than the concepts decision to do it now rather than tomorrow looks even worse in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not.

Making big decisions (and I'd say firing a coach in season versus after is a big decision) shouldn't be made on the spot.

We'll agree to disagree. We did what needed to be done. It was going to hurt Mac regardless. I'm sure the meeting was handled with class, the topic on hand sucks but this is the reality we're in.

Archived