16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am thinking Fangio stays in Chicago with a pay raise.

Denver not a great job unless Elway can get the offensive players, and I am not sure that is in the cards.  Case Keenum isn't a long term answer in my opinion.

I agree with you, however, that can be fixed.  Fangio is a defensive guy, IMO, that's what he'll look at first.  If he has the key players on defense, the draft and some FA's can jump start the offense.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I think BB and Brady will retire within a year of each other, if not the same year.

Agree - and if BB were smart, he'd apply his "year earlier than too late" (or whatever thats called.....) on himself.

After interviewing McDaniels, the Packers will fly to New Orleans for Saturday interview with #Saints AHC/TEs Dan Campbell, who has Browns on Friday and Cardinals before weekend's over too. Lot to pack in for candidates on byes, who can interview thru end of wild-card games.

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Agree - and if BB were smart, he'd apply his "year earlier than too late" (or whatever thats called.....) on himself.

He was 11-5 the year Brady was out with ACL. Although I do agree with this sentiment, I think Bill is going to be looking for the next QB in the draft when they are on the clock.

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

He was 11-5 the year Brady was out with ACL. Although I do agree with this sentiment, I think Bill is going to be looking for the next QB in the draft when they are on the clock.

Could be. I actually dont care about them other than wishing they had more (read: better) comp inside their division.
This year? Two more organizations (NYJs/MIA) crashed/burned and doing resets (again....)  - while BUF.....well, will always be BUF.
It shouldnt be called the AFC East. It should be renamed: Dog Walk.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

I agree with all of that. Also another important point is the ability to evaluate players and coaches. Needs to be able to spot talent and develop them. Handling of the media is another important prerequisite but hardly the most important one.

Toub ticks off (1), (2), (3), (5), (6), (7)

McDaniels ticks off (1), (2), (5), (7)

Great additions. I'll add them later today. Should we rank candidates on a scale of 1 to 5 for each category?

38 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Dollar says, Fangio is the next Denver Broncos HC.  Key defensive players are already in place for his defense.

That would be awesome .. one way to weaken the Bears a bit.  Their talent level is impressive on that side of the ball, but Fangio is instrumental to making it all work.  

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That would be awesome .. one way to weaken the Bears a bit.  Their talent level is impressive on that side of the ball, but Fangio is instrumental to making it all work.  

Hmmmm.......dont know their staff, but.....

If he leaves - any chance Pettine leaves us and goes there?

What if coaching selections. #1: McDaniels HC, Jerry Schuplinski OC, Brian Flores DC and Cameron Achord STC.  #2; Dan Campbell HC, Zac Taylor OC, Gregg Williams or Mike Nolan DC and Kevin O'Dea STC.  #3:  Matt LaFleur HC, Mike LaFleur OC, Marquand Manuel DC and Keith Armstrong STC.  #4: Vic Fangio HC, Greg Roman OC, Vance Josephl DC and Brock Olivo STC.  Just a look at some options.

Why am I the only one wanting Pettine gone? 

What has he done that makes anyone want him?

Don't even talk to me about he didn't have anybody and everybody was hurt.  We had a pretty healthy team for the early part of the year and still gave up 30 points to the Niners - AT HOME. 

Capers had teams far more decimated than Pettine and Pettine's defense was about the same. 

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am thinking Fangio stays in Chicago with a pay raise.

Vic got a pay raise to stick around last year - he had other HC opportunities last winter
IF he is ever going to ascend to the Throne, the time is probably now

Archived