XFL names eight cities for new franchises

ET80

12 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

How does the XFL compete with this, especially seeing as how they are going against the NFL instead of how the AAF is going as a compliment to it?

I don't think the XFL IS going against the NFL. In fact, they've said that verbatim:

The XFL is a spring football league, and won’t begin play until after the Super Bowl. So, we see the XFL as a complement, not a competitor, to NFL and major college football.

https://www.xfl.com/league

4 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

My interest level in this is around a 2/10. Its going to be a joke. 

Thats my take. Unless they wise up, and go after 4-5* recruits. Offering them money instead of education on 3-4 year contracts.

Then Im up around the 8/10 range.

I fee this league will be a lot better than the AAF. Terrible names, terrible logos, all the head coaches are like 70 and well past their prime. It’s like a league for Senior Citizens. Or call them the Disney league, they are playing it so over-safe that itll backfire. XFL will be better. 

8 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

NFL >> CFB > XFL >>>>>> any other sport except fighting

My kind of guy. Same for me honestly. NFL > CFB > XFL > UFC. 

Sure, I’ll watch the NBA Playoffs and the MLB if the A’s are defying odds and doing good but I’m not passionate about those two sports. 

I love football and hope it will become a world wide recognized sport before I die and takes over the most overrated sport in human history, soccer. And I also love a battle between two guys where all aspects of fighting are allowed minus dirty stuff. 

42 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

NFL >> CFB > XFL >>>>>> any other sport except fighting

I cannot disagree more.  It is all a matter of opinion, personally I will take boxing over everything but the NFL, but clearly inferior football is not fun to watch.  Do you remember the first incarnation of the XFL? It was real bad.  McMahon puts on a good show, but once the game started, it was 4th preseason game bad.  All it really did was remind you that real football wasn't on.  

22 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I cannot disagree more.  It is all a matter of opinion, personally I will take boxing over everything but the NFL, but clearly inferior football is not fun to watch.  Do you remember the first incarnation of the XFL? It was real bad.  McMahon puts on a good show, but once the game started, it was 4th preseason game bad.  All it really did was remind you that real football wasn't on.  

People went in with too high expectations and Vince acted like he was gonna kill the NFL.

I think you’ll see better put together teams this time and favorable offensive rules like the NFL and College.

8 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

if they would add a small market team, i think the other small market teams might be interested and then it would become a big market team.

A Montana or Wyoming team would be stellar

I think Wyoming is a solid untapped market. A lot of love for the college program there. 

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

People went in with too high expectations and Vince acted like he was gonna kill the NFL.

I think you’ll see better put together teams this time and favorable offensive rules like the NFL and College.

I think Oliver Luck as Commissioner is also a big advantage - he's seen it from so many different vantage points, he knows how to work this side of the business to make it successful.

16 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Because it will be an inferior product.  It will likely be inferior to most college football as well.  

Like I said earlier, I think there's room for that, even if it's not to the standard of NFL/College.

There's plenty of players who don't go to the NFL, who could join this new league, and I do think there would be interest by the fans.

You all watch CFB and only a fraction of those players are NFL material... if you take players from that B tier from college and put them in a new league would it be worse than CFB (on a pure talent perspective)?

5 hours ago, kramxel said:

Like I said earlier, I think there's room for that, even if it's not to the standard of NFL/College.

There's plenty of players who don't go to the NFL, who could join this new league, and I do think there would be interest by the fans.

You all watch CFB and only a fraction of those players are NFL material... if you take players from that B tier from college and put them in a new league would it be worse than CFB (on a pure talent perspective)?

But would any of us want to watch Illinois vs Arkansas if we don't have ties to those schools?  That's the kind of thing that we will be watching in the XFL.  It will be like televised G-League basketball, or AA baseball.  Not something that you make the time to watch.

On 12/5/2018 at 2:06 PM, ET80 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25460216/los-angeles-new-york-eight-cities-new-xfl

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Los Angeles, the New York-New Jersey metropolitan area and Dallas were among the eight cities and venues chosen to be the home sites when the XFL launches its inaugural season in February 2020.

Commissioner and chief executive Oliver Luck also said there will be franchises in Houston, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa and Washington when the league kicks off the weekend of Feb. 8-9.

Houston, eh?

tenor.gif?itemid=7810612

Commissioner and chief executive Oliver Luck also said there will be franchises in Houston, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa and Washington when the league kicks off the weekend of Feb. 8-9.

fff.gif

St. Louis

tenor.gif

ALRIGHT BOYS I'M ******* BACK.

First order of business, head coach. Bad boy to captain this ship of destiny. There's only one goddamn choice. The reunion.

FisherSmokes2.gif

Archived