XFL names eight cities for new franchises

ET80

2 hours ago, malak1 said:

Why would they give LA a team? Lmao.

So they can have 3 football teams the city doesnt care about and pray to God by sheer population numbers enough people will stumble their way into the stadium.

That and Tampa I just dont understand. Tampa is a retirement/transplant community. I have no idea how looking at the large scale fan interest of the Rays/Bucs they decided that was going to be a prosperous city to put yet another sports team in.

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

So they can have 3 football teams the city doesnt care about and pray to God by sheer population numbers enough people will stumble their way into the stadium.

That and Tampa I just dont understand. Tampa is a retirement/transplant community. I have no idea how looking at the large scale fan interest of the Rays/Bucs they decided that was going to be a prosperous city to put yet another sports team in.

Tampa is the steroid capital of the world, minus Russia. Good to have sports there. 

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, I think this is it. Pretty loyal fans in each area, but now they're branded as complimentary football vs competitive football.

They're trying to get the diehards in the area who are reluctant to pick up basketball or hockey after the SB...

So they went to LA? The city where the basketball team dwarfs both football teams and has the most popular athlete on the planet? 

And no offense to St Louis, they couldn’t sustain their NFL team. 

11 minutes ago, lancerman said:

So they went to LA? The city where the basketball team dwarfs both football teams and has the most popular athlete on the planet? 

XFL is intending to be a smaller and more exciting, playing with less stoppages and in soccer stadiums in some cities, including LA.

And the NFL is very expensive to get into tbh. $200 for a jersey, nearly as much for bad tickets to good teams, hard to watch all the games without paying $300 a year to one specific network that you have to have for the rest of your television (and internet usually) It'll be easier to pick up casual fans if they can put out a good product and not fail too quickly.

And St. Louis shouldn't have to support an NFL team's profit demands to help a team stay afloat in the XFL, they only need to keep enough interest going to give the league time to build up.

17 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Is there anything that backs this up, though? Like have NFL fans previously given the XFL/AFL money for their teams in conjunction with their NFL teams? I feel like if I lived in Seattle, for example, I would go to Seahawks games but not XFL games.

Personally, I feel the opposite. There's no way I could pay to go to more than one eagles game a year, but I'd happily pay $30 a week to go to an average quality football game that doesn't last a million hours and just watch the Eagles on tv. 

29 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I srsly think that price of tickets will be the seller for any complimentary football league. If you can get in and decent seats for between 20 and 40 bucks then people will do it just to escape the realities of their mundane outside existence (at least that's my excuse)  

Archived