2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

McCarthy is a really meh hire to me but I’ll support whomever it is. 

I’m pro McCarthy. I’m also looking at it from a proven standpoint. We tried the Coordinator hires with Rex and Todd and it didn’t really work. McCarthy is atleast a proven HC. Pretty much every other candidate is a risk to an extent beingbtegyd be a 1st time NFL HC. I also like that he has a good track record with QBs, which making Darnold a franchise QB should be the end all be all for this franchise.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m pro McCarthy. I’m also looking at it from a proven standpoint. We tried the Coordinator hires with Rex and Todd and it didn’t really work. McCarthy is atleast a proven HC. Pretty much every other candidate is a risk to an extent beingbtegyd be a 1st time NFL HC. I also like that he has a good track record with QBs, which making Darnold a franchise QB should be the end all be all for this franchise.

Feel the same as you do.  Coordinator to HC for us has not been a successful formula .... Since I have been rooting for the Jets the best coordinator to HC hires have been Walt Michels and then Rex (both went to Championship games).  But the list is an ugly one frankly.  Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet, Carrol, Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Rex and Bowles.  Of course Kotite was the worst hire of any of them and he was an HC with a decent record in Philly (albeit because Buddy Ryan stocked the team with talent). 

Anyway, I think we need to hire a proven HC that can set a foundation for all our young players to ensure long term success. 

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

We’re hoping to talk to Rhule before meeting with Monken per LaCanfora. It makes me wonder if we are hoping Monken will be the OC if Rhule comes aboard. 

Cimini reported the jets had a positive interview with McCarthy and are keeping the lines of communication open. 

Almost sounds like they really like Rhule and are hoping he impresses in his interview and can build an adequate staff.

McCarthy might be the backup plan. 

1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

Cimini reported the jets had a positive interview with McCarthy and are keeping the lines of communication open. 

Almost sounds like they really like Rhule and are hoping he impresses in his interview and can build an adequate staff.

McCarthy might be the backup plan. 

McCarthy might not want this job the most. He might want Cleveland. I know hes a proven coach, but I am really starting to get interested in Matt Rhule. Whoever we hire, the OC is the most important member of the staff.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Does he have a good track record with QBs? 

If we’re going to interview Rhule, my expectation is it happens today. Possible they had dinner with him last night.

Still, I don’t think we should rush judgement. Jets are going to interview Monken tomorrow. From there, they will either interview more candidates, bring in finalists for a second interview, or hire a HC.

5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

If we’re going to interview Rhule, my expectation is it happens today. Possible they had dinner with him last night.

Still, I don’t think we should rush judgement. Jets are going to interview Monken tomorrow. From there, they will either interview more candidates, bring in finalists for a second interview, or hire a HC.

After Munken that's all the reported interviews minus KK who's situation is fuzzy bc USC rejected him able to interview and he's apparently threatened to resign.

FWIW, I do think the Jets hold Rhule in high regard. Last year we were able to connect the dots with IND given the relationship Maccagnan and our front office has with Rex Hogan, and all indications were that his interview with IND was impressive last year. 

Furthermore, I think the Jets really want a CEO style coach, which is what Rhule is. They tried to have Bowles adjust into that role and he came up short. In Rhule you get a young CEO type who will be a program builder, rather than a coach who leans more to one side of the ball. 

I don’t think the Jets have made any firm decisions. It should be interesting to see how this pans out.

Archived