Is anybody else picking the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl?

NFLExpert49

3 minutes ago, lancerman said:

A majority of young starting QB's are top college prospects who get drafted by worse teams. Peyton Manning got drafted on a terrible Colts team and had to develop while they were rebuilding. Dak got a chance to start on a team already built around Romo that had the leagues best line and one of the leagues best RB's. He also had a lot of strong talent across the board in the WR game. 

I mean totally fair point. But to be fair we are trying to give Dak everything early in his career so that he gradually matures into a seasoned franchise QB.

But what irks is when he's mentioned in the same breath as Trent Dilfer so early into his career when he has had success winning and one of the best in the league at that.

29 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

To steal a line from the Phils, "Ya Gotta Believe". 

I do.

P.S.  Screw this Dallas guy, what the hell does he know about winning anything?  He can talk when his team actually does something meaningful.  Until then, calm down skippy.

I'll keep my mouth running even if we go 0-16 next year. I don't hide in the shadows like certain philly fans who only come out when we lose

2 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I mean totally fair point. But to be fair we are trying to give Dak everything early in his career so that he gradually matures into a seasoned franchise QB.

But what irks is when he's mentioned in the same breath as Trent Dilfer so early into his career when he has had success winning and one of the best in the league at that.

Well anyone who compares him to Trent is ridiculous. But yeah he came on a fully formed team that built itself around giving Romo everything and Romo got injured. It was a good spot to fall into. 

8 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'll keep my mouth running even if we go 0-16 next year. I don't hide in the shadows like certain philly fans who only come out when we lose

Buena cuenta amigo.  I got a VCR you can borrow to watch your last championship.  You can relive the glory days. 

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Well anyone who compares him to Trent is ridiculous. But yeah he came on a fully formed team that built itself around giving Romo everything and Romo got injured. It was a good spot to fall into. 

I mean fair enough I really can't say anything you said isn't wrong. and yeah the Dilfer comparison needed to be shut down real quick

3 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Oh you guys must be the only team to have players you really admire to go the IR this year

Only team that was the defending SB Champs, yes. It does rain on a Glorious  Parade. Since you keep bringing it up.

On 12/10/2018 at 5:36 AM, stl4life07 said:

Can you trust the Cowboys to go to LA or NO and win?

LA, yes. NO, no. If Dallas gets a team like the Vikings in the first round then has to travel to LA, which would almost be a home game for Dallas, I can see them making it to the conference championship. Those are a lot of if's though. Realistically, I see them losing in the first round against Seattle.

Something is different about this Cowboys team even with Garrett. They've come to play against better teams. If they win their 1st game against the Seahawks it wouldn't shock me that they could beat the Rams in L.A, and their defense can do something as have been seen before against the Saints. 

15 minutes ago, Classic said:

Something is different about this Cowboys team even with Garrett. They've come to play against better teams. If they win their 1st game against the Seahawks it wouldn't shock me that they could beat the Rams in L.A, and their defense can do something as have been seen before against the Saints. 

They come to play after losing the week before.

You can't lose any games in the playoffs so I guess we'll see.

Archived