Week 15 Packers @ Bears "I Believe That"

skibrett15

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ryan Wood:

Aaron Rodgers said he hurt his groin on the Hail Mary throw before halftime, and it bothered him in the second half. Would explain why Packers QB missed so many wide-open WRs so badly. "I was trying to get it stretched out throughout he game."

Must have hurt it pretty bad, he has been missing wide-open WRs all season.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ryan Wood:

Aaron Rodgers said he hurt his groin on the Hail Mary throw before halftime, and it bothered him in the second half. Would explain why Packers QB missed so many wide-open WRs so badly. "I was trying to get it stretched out throughout he game."

Might be the best thing that could have happened.

Aaron Rodgers hurt his knee in the first half of the first game. It was a more severe knee injury than any of us know. When injured you use other parts of the body to compensate, thus exposing them to undo strain and greater potential of injury. As a QB who depends so much on his legs for his accuracy, this is a big freaking deal.

Rodgers has had an off year. Hopefully, he gets healthy this off season and has good health next year. If he does, you can bet the league is going to pay the price. 

This in hindsight can become a good thing because the flaws in the coaching staff and talent on the field. Now, with a good GM and ample ammunition in the draft we can fix a lot of or all of those in the draft. If we hit on those, the league will be on notice the Pack is not only back, but might be the favorites come playoffs next year. 

50 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Aaron Rodgers hurt his knee in the first half of the first game. It was a more severe knee injury than any of us know. When injured you use other parts of the body to compensate, thus exposing them to undo strain and greater potential of injury. As a QB who depends so much on his legs for his accuracy, this is a big freaking deal.

Rodgers has had an off year. Hopefully, he gets healthy this off season and has good health next year. If he does, you can bet the league is going to pay the price. 

This in hindsight can become a good thing because the flaws in the coaching staff and talent on the field. Now, with a good GM and ample ammunition in the draft we can fix a lot of or all of those in the draft. If we hit on those, the league will be on notice the Pack is not only back, but might be the favorites come playoffs next year. 

Optimism is good.  Much of what you say is true, as is Rodger’s need to be fully healthy to preform at a high level, apparently.  For your hopes to be realized (mine also) he’ll somehow have to run a gauntlet of hungry defenders each and every game to remain healthy and effective.  That means Rodgers is going to have to change.  Will he?

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Optimism is good.  Much of what you say is true, as is Rodger’s need to be fully healthy to preform at a high level, apparently.  For your hopes to be realized (mine also) he’ll somehow have to run a gauntlet of hungry defenders each and every game to remain healthy and effective.  That means Rodgers is going to have to change.  Will he?

I'm not sure he has to change entirely. If you look at the knee injury what would he have done differently? Now, do I want him to get the ball out quicker. Live to play another down so to speak, yes. 

The best part about next year for our offense is going to be 3 - 2nd year WRs. Two of which have shown a lot of potential. 

We do need to invest in the offensive line next year and bonus is Madison decides to play and if he's capable. Both unknowns at this point. 

9 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Maybe.  But Gutekunst needs to fix the interior line issues and a new coach needs to bring in a new system that makes things easier on Rodgers.

If we make the right hire at HC, we can be right there again next season.

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I'm not sure he has to change entirely. If you look at the knee injury what would he have done differently? Now, do I want him to get the ball out quicker. Live to play another down so to speak, yes. 

The best part about next year for our offense is going to be 3 - 2nd year WRs. Two of which have shown a lot of potential. 

We do need to invest in the offensive line next year and bonus is Madison decides to play and if he's capable. Both unknowns at this point. 

I’ll give you my perspective of ways that he needs to change: yes, getting the ball out quicker is paramount for his health moving forward.  He seems to have lost some awareness out there - that, or he’s too slow to react once he realizes he’s in danger.  He also needs to hit his checkdown receivers - take what the defense gives him.  If he’s checking out of the run, he might need to re-think that more often.  A better run/pass ratio is needed and he has a part in that.  These are just some precautionary measures that he can take that will not only keep him healthy, but possibly even more successful.  And I agree with you about the Oline.

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Gordon/Dorsett/Edelman/Gronk/Whites

Thomas/Smith/Carr/Arnold/Kamara

Adams/MVS/EQ/Graham/Jones

These aren't significantly differently talented groups of talent. 

I don't even know how you evaluate the scheme at this point when Rodgers pisses every big play opportunity down his leg and refuses to play within the scheme. 

Maybe, maybe not.  One huge difference however is how these players are being used in their offensive schemes.  Those other 2 groups you mentioned have a good scheme tailored to their personnel.  We don't ... that's the difference.  And you are correct, it is hard to evaluate the Packers scheme because they don't have one!  

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think I'd look to draft another guy with his similar skill set .. maybe one that can block a bit better.  I love what he brings, but he's another one that always finds his way to the tub.  Can't help the club if you are in the tub.

Seems like we have more than our share of those players for whatever reason.   Even more of a problem when we don't have the talent depth to cover their never ending tub visits.   It's called job security for the medical and rehab staff.  

Archived