Which 25 year old or younger QB are you taking? Then rank your top 5

brownie man

Which QB are you taking?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which 25 or under QB are you taking to build your franchise? Not named Mahomes

• Carson Wentz
    • Jared Goff
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Josh Allen
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold
    • Mitch Trubisky
    • Dak Prescott
    • Deshaun Watson
    • Jameis Winston

I’ll rank them all. Who I want going forward and what I think their ceiling is. Lately the consensus has been that QBs 1-3 are in tier 1, 4-8 in tier 2, then 9-15 tier 3. Basically translates to elite, very good, franchise QB.

1. Mahones (tier 1)

2. Wentz (tier 1)

3. Goff (tier 1)

4. Watson (tier 2)

5. Baker (tier 1)

6. Darnold (tier 1)

7. Mitch (tier 2)

8. Dak (tier 3)

9. Allen (tier 2)

10. Mariota (tier 2)

11. Rosen (tier 2)

12. Jackson (tier 3)

13. Winston (tier 3)

Obviously applying ceilings pretty liberally. 

I mean I wouldn’t actually take Mahomes over Wentz, love the kid and what I’ve seen from him, think he can be the very best in the NFL and will absolutely die on that hill. I’m hoping he just hasn’t been 100% this year, and will make major strides with a healthy offseason.... but cannot really justify putting a guy on pace to threaten passing TD record anywhere but 1. Sole knock against Pat would be sample size, but then I can’t really rank any of the rookie QBs either.

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I’ll rank them all. Who I want going forward and what I think their ceiling is. Lately the consensus has been that QBs 1-3 are in tier 1, 4-8 in tier 2, then 9-15 tier 3. Basically translates to elite, very good, franchise QB.

1. Mahones (tier 1)

2. Wentz (tier 1)

3. Goff (tier 1)

4. Watson (tier 2)

5. Baker (tier 1)

6. Darnold (tier 1)

7. Mitch (tier 2)

8. Dak (tier 3)

9. Allen (tier 2)

10. Mariota (tier 2)

11. Rosen (tier 2)

12. Jackson (tier 3)

13. Winston (tier 3)

Obviously applying ceilings pretty liberally. 

I mean I wouldn’t actually take Mahomes over Wentz, love the kid and what I’ve seen from him, think he can be the very best in the NFL and will absolutely die on that hill. I’m hoping he just hasn’t been 100% this year, and will make major strides with a healthy offseason.... but cannot really justify putting a guy on pace to threaten passing TD record anywhere but 1. Sole knock against Pat would be sample size, but then I can’t really rank any of the rookie QBs either.

Why is Watson's ceiling not tier 1? Wasn't he on pace for a Mahomes-esque season last year?

6 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Why is Watson's ceiling not tier 1? Wasn't he on pace for a Mahomes-esque season last year?

No. Never.

Deshaun Watson was not better last year than this year.

I always thought the MVP talk about him, for the few people that even raised it, was silly.

I watched him plenty last year and sure he was very good for a rookie QB but he was not close to what Mahomes is this year.

He completed quite a few throws just chucking the ball in the air.

I was and I am still high on him but he was never Mahomes.

42 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

I watched him plenty last year and sure he was very good for a rookie QB but he was not close to what Mahomes is this year.

I won't disagree with this...

42 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

He completed quite a few throws just chucking the ball in the air.

...but I ABSOLUTELY disagree with this. This tells me you watched the KC game last season and ONLY the KC game. That game, yes - lotta jump balls where Hopkins got up and made a play (and since when has it been a detriment to play to your WRs greatest strength?)

Every other game - Seattle, New England, Cleveland - he's hitting Will Fuller in stride or putting it on a spot where only DeAndre Hopkins can get to it.

I'll concede that Mahomes is better (with better coaching and a better OL) but I'll seriously question anyone who thinks Watson is NOT a franchise QB.

57 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I won't disagree with this...

...but I ABSOLUTELY disagree with this. This tells me you watched the KC game last season and ONLY the KC game. That game, yes - lotta jump balls where Hopkins got up and made a play (and since when has it been a detriment to play to your WRs greatest strength?)

Every other game - Seattle, New England, Cleveland - he's hitting Will Fuller in stride or putting it on a spot where only DeAndre Hopkins can get to it.

I'll concede that Mahomes is better (with better coaching and a better OL) but I'll seriously question anyone who thinks Watson is NOT a franchise QB.

My point was Watson's play last year was not MVP-caliber or even close but sure he was real good. 

3 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yeah, aside from Baker, the rest of the 2018 QB class are on some garbage teams. Long run I think Darnold will pan out. Allen though looks like the real deal if he can limit his hero-ball tendencies.

I agree, but this will never happen. Same with Wentz and Watson- the 'heroic' side is too ingrained in who they are, and I think it will inevitably lead to shorter careers for all 3 of them. In their first few years, all 3 have missed multiple games already. 

7 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

My point was Watson's play last year was not MVP-caliber or even close but sure he was real good. 

I'd say it was close, last season considered. Maybe not the front runner, but he was on pace for 43 TDs and was at the helm of the top scoring offense in the league prior to his injury. That same offense dropped to 17 once Watson was hurt. 

Carson Wentz would have probably won if he was healthy, and Brady would probably get votes as well, but Watson would have been in the conversation - saying otherwise isn't reflective of what he did last season.

Archived