GDT: The most overrated team in football and the horse we rode in on

Matts4313

10 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Gee, who would’ve thought that we’d actually have to create a game plan and potentially change the way we do things to compete? Clearly not our staff.

#FireGarrett #FireLinehan

Yeah. Where there is smoke, there is fire. Way too many times we've heard it said out right or suggested that the opposing team knows what is coming. I get some of it. But, it's to the point, it's not surprising to hear. Think that just might be a problem. 

Curious to see how the next 2 weeks shake out. I see no way Linehan/Moore/ and maybe even Columbo stick, but not so sure about Garrett. I suspect, save for a collapse, he probably gets another year. I'm pretty much resigned to it tbh. Maybe they can talk him into taking a "promotion" to the FO. Would love to keep him in scouting dept. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Curious to see how the next 2 weeks shake out. I see no way Linehan/Moore/ and maybe even Columbo stick, but not so sure about Garrett. I suspect, save for a collapse, he probably gets another year. I pretty much resigned to it tbh. Maybe they can talk him into taking a "promotion" to the FO. Would love to keep him in scouting dept. 

Linehan and Moore should be shown the door. I don't have an issue keeping Colombo around, I'm actually in favor of it. 

Garrett should be fired barring a NFC Championship game appearance. After almost a decade, anything less isn't acceptable. If Jerry and Stephen don't want to do that to their favorite protege, then as you mentioned maybe they could talk him into a "retirement" from coaching and accepting a "promotion" to work alongside McClay. Which would lead me to promoting Richard to HC.

13 hours ago, quiller said:

Gallup has done zero to be considered good I think he will be a great WR but has yet to show that

Gallup has done plenty especially after we decided to stop rotating receivers every other play. 

If it wasnt for Dak missing open throws/making proper reads, I think it would be safe to assume Gallup would have more yards than Calvin Ridley. 

48 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Gallup has done plenty especially after we decided to stop rotating receivers every other play. 

If it wasnt for Dak missing open throws/making proper reads, I think it would be safe to assume Gallup would have more yards than Calvin Ridley. 

If you say so -  I agree that Dak had missed Gallup more then a few times where it’s all On Dak  4-5 passes for about 350 yards but I’ve also seen a lot of routes also that Gallup has totally messed up    And I think this is also part of the problem it’s real tough when you never know what the WR is doing there was a reason Romo would at times FREEZE out young WR. 

Personally I love Gallup and think he’s gonna be a great WR but to say he’s been great this year I think is a strychnine he’s been real good at times but also times made some mistakes in his routes 

PS also how many yards had Ridley lost to being missed when open by his QB don’t say zero as I saw it happen twice in the Dallas game I also remember one where it would have gone for a 60 yard plus TD 

it sucks but QB miss wide open TD passes more than you might realize not making excuses for Dak at all as he CANNOT continue to miss those type of passes especially as he has shown he has the arm strength to make those throws.  

Okay.  Just a quick off top of head quiz..

Dez did better 2016 or 2017

bzzz about same 40 more yards 2 less TD in 2017 

right now Cooper 136 yards from having the SAME yrds as a cowboy as Dez in 2016  and 2 TD from matching his TD total   Of 2016   

What does  this mean    I know I have my thoughts but then I’ve been fairly solid in my thought that Dak is not the main problem with this offense and that Dez had really lost his focus on the field his last two years here

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Okay.  Just a quick off top of head quiz..

Dez did better 2016 or 2017

bzzz about same 40 more yards 2 less TD in 2017 

right now Cooper 136 yards from having the SAME yrds as a cowboy as Dez in 2016  and 2 TD from matching his TD total   Of 2016   

What does  this mean    I know I have my thoughts but then I’ve been fairly solid in my thought that Dak is not the main problem with this offense and that Dez had really lost his focus on the field his last two years here

You missed my point. You said what has Gallup done to be considered "good". 

My comment back to you was if Dak hit Gallup on those deep balls or gets the ball to him in specific situations (Daks fumble against Washington where Gallup would have had a 90 yard TD comes to mind) that Gallup is probably around 700 yards for the year.

As a WR 2 in a run heavy scheme, who is a rookie at a position in which most rookies struggle or take time to develop, I would say is safe to put Gallup in the "Good" category.

17 hours ago, quiller said:

Gallup has done zero to be considered good I think he will be a great WR but has yet to show that

Huh? All he can do is get open, bro. He can't throw the pass to himself. Everyone except you I guess has seen him WIDE OPEN deep at LEAST 5 times this year and Dak can't get him the ball. He has over 400 yards this year, I'd imagine that number is closer to 800 had he a good QB.

3 hours ago, quiller said:

I’ve also seen a lot of routes also that Gallup has totally messed up    

I would like a specific example. Video, gif, write-up that talks about it.  Something more than I seent it.

Personally I love Gallup and think he’s gonna be a great WR but to say he’s been great this year I think is a strychnine he’s been real good at times but also times made some mistakes in his routes.

No one said he's been great. I put him in the good category with Cole Beasely, because he's been good. Funny that you can find issue with Gallup who goes streaking off your TV screen about a half second after the snap, but you can watch Dak hold the ball for 5 seconds and don't see anything wrong with it.

4 hours ago, quiller said:

If you say so -  I agree that Dak had missed Gallup more then a few times where it’s all On Dak  4-5 passes for about 350 yards but I’ve also seen a lot of routes also that Gallup has totally messed up    And I think this is also part of the problem it’s real tough when you never know what the WR is doing there was a reason Romo would at times FREEZE out young WR. 

Personally I love Gallup and think he’s gonna be a great WR but to say he’s been great this year I think is a strychnine he’s been real good at times but also times made some mistakes in his routes 

PS also how many yards had Ridley lost to being missed when open by his QB don’t say zero as I saw it happen twice in the Dallas game I also remember one where it would have gone for a 60 yard plus TD 

it sucks but QB miss wide open TD passes more than you might realize not making excuses for Dak at all as he CANNOT continue to miss those type of passes especially as he has shown he has the arm strength to make those throws.  

Lmao Dak has missed Gallup more then 5 times. On top of that it's the looks he doesn't give either when he's open or has his man beat like the Redskins game most notably which has been numerous times.

I just had to look at a few stats

sense the titans game:

Receptions and comp/targets

cooper 39 75%

beasley 18 62%

elliot. 43. 89%

gallup. 14 47%

TE. 31. 84%

season mum to comp of top recievers

juju s (Pitt). 95 67%

deandra w (hou). 94 70%

stefon d min. 92. 69%

hill. KC  78. 64%

barkley. NYG. 82. 77%

mcCaffrry. 94. 85%

i just think it’s rather interesting to note the huge difference between Beasley-cooper-Gallup    This tells me that the problem is not Dak’s alone and Gallup plays a major roll in this   Note Gallup got zero targets in Indy game

It is interesting.  Dak to Coop is connecting better then most all connections QB to the TOP recievers in the game.  Also Dak seems to be fairly accurate at dropping off the ball Elliot in comparison and Elliot would be up t the top of receptions lead if the numbers of the last six were averaged over 14 games - 100  MacCaffery leads RB at 94

just some food for thought 

I just had to look at a few stats

sense the titans game:

Receptions and comp/targets

cooper 39 75%

beasley 18 62%

elliot. 43. 89%

gallup. 14 47%

TE. 31. 84%

season mum to comp of top recievers

juju s (Pitt). 95 67%

deandra w (hou). 94 70%

stefon d min. 92. 69%

hill. KC  78. 64%

barkley. NYG. 82. 77%

mcCaffrry. 94. 85%

i just think it’s rather interesting to note the huge difference between Beasley-cooper-Gallup    This tells me that the problem is not Dak’s alone and Gallup plays a major roll in this   Note Gallup got zero targets in Indy game

It is interesting.  Dak to Coop is connecting better then most all connections QB to the TOP recievers in the game.  Also Dak seems to be fairly accurate at dropping off the ball Elliot in comparison and Elliot would be up t the top of receptions lead if the numbers of the last six were averaged over 14 games - 100  MacCaffery leads RB at 94

just some food for thought 

I think you forgot to account for the type of routes that the receivers run. 

And the eye ball test.

Archived