Time to COMPLETE the Organizational PURGE ...

TheOnlyThing

19 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I'll be ecstatic if we keep him. He's the real deal. To do what he did all season with subpar talent is astounding. The offense and ST didn't do this defense any favors today. But the defense still played good enough for the Packers to steal a win. Pattine put guys in position to make plays but they missed tackles and whiffed on sacks which would've kept some  points off the board. If this guy had the talent this is a top 10 defense for sure.

Given his positive impact in 2018 and the fact he has been in GB for just 1 year (and thus does not have deep ties to the prior regime) there is less of a need to "purge" Pettine than anyone else on the coaching staff. 

That said, if the new head coach has a strong preference for a defensive coordinator, he should not be precluded from hiring him.

The need for a clean break from the past is deep.

The Pack needs to start focusing on the next era. Starting right now. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Because anyone who Ted Thompson brought in should be gone.

I know it must be hard to accept as the former GM's most adoring fan, and someone who reacted to any questioning of his "drafting expertise" by lecturing the Board that "You look at [his] draft record and it stands up as well as anyone's," but I really don't think Gute is going to be as loyal to his predecessor's draft picks as you'd like.

Time for a fresh start throughout the organization in order to get the Packers back on top.

Go get em' Gute.

2 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I know it must be hard to accept as the former GM's most adoring fan, and someone who reacted to any questioning of his "drafting expertise" by lecturing the Board that "You look at [his] draft record and it stands up as well as anyone's," but I really don't think Gute is going to be as loyal to his predecessor's draft picks as you'd like.

Time for a fresh start throughout the organization in order to get the Packers back on top.

Go get em' Gute.

Yes...his ENTIRE draft record.  Not just the period you want to look at, but his entire draft record.  But how has Gute's first draft really gone?  Jaire Alexander looks like a friggin' stud  AND the Packers got a FRP this year out of it.  Maybe you do have Derwin James ranked higher than Alexander, but the difference between the two for me isn't a FRP.  Josh Jackson looked studly in the preseason, and he's gone the wrong way as the season wore on.  That's not what I want to see out of a rookie.  You want to see them getting better as the season wears on.  And now there's talk about potentially moving him to safety?  Credit to the coaching staff if they don't Damarious Randall him, but when we took him we thought he was a corner so that was a mistake on the evaluation process.  Many (myself included) questioned his ability to play man coverage in the NFL.  Oren Burks has played in 114 defensive snaps this year, which is just over 13%.  He's played in just 10 snaps the last 5 games (not sure if he played against Chicago tbh).  That's not what you want out of a 3rd round pick.  J'Mon Moore has been outplayed by his lower drafted counterparts, which isn't what you want to see.  Cole Madison hasn't even played a snap although it's hard to hold that one against Gute.  JK Scott has been an average punter.  MVS has easily outplayed his draft slot and ESB looks promising.  I believe James Looney has been a healthy scratch.  Hunter Bradley has been mediocre to average.  Kendall Donnerson has been a healthy scratch as well.  So you've got two hits (Jaire Alexander and MVS), a bright spot (ESB), two rookies who regressed hard from the preseason (Josh Jackson and Oren Burks).  But if you're so convinced that Gute is so much better, feel free to justify it.

I have faith in Gute. I have faith he'll turn this franchise around fast. I love how uncle troll is on the Bears forum bad mouthing our team "How we wasted another year of Rodgers career" I cant blame the Bears fans for gloating because they've been getting their teeth kicked in for the last 20 plus years. Rodgers is 16 and 5 against them. They say we're in shambles right now which we may be true but I know this new front office aint messing around they will right this ship.

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I have faith in Gute. I have faith he'll turn this franchise around fast. I love how uncle troll is on the Bears forum bad mouthing our team "How we wasted another year of Rodgers career" I cant blame the Bears for gloating because they've been getting their teeth kicked in for the last 20 plus years. Rodgers is 16 and 5 against them. They say we're in shambles right now which we may be true but I know this new front office aint messing around they will right this ship.

Yep, many fans and pundits of teams GB has dominated for the better part of the past 23 years or so are now coming out of the wood-work to gloat and proclaim GB as toast.  This rhetoric will continue through the start of the next season, so just be prepared to hear an endless stream of commentary about how GB is done.  Nothing we say will take away from their zeal to put us in our place.  Best to just ignore the noise and tune out the pundits who love to see us and our team suffer.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yes...his ENTIRE draft record.  Not just the period you want to look at, but his entire draft record.  But how has Gute's first draft really gone?  ...

But if you're so convinced that Gute is so much better, feel free to justify it.

I understand that you find Gute's cutting and trading of so many players drafted by the previous GM to be wrongheaded.

But your bitterness towards Gute is no excuse for making up a falsehood about me being "convinced that Gute is so much better" than his predecessor.

As yet, I have no idea if Gute will do a better job than the previous GM.

What I do know is that the previous GM whom you so adore failed to get the Packers to second Super Bowl, despite having Aaron Rodgers at QB in his prime, between 2011-2017.

What I also know is that the roster Gute inherited in 2018 had both a number of gaping holes and several bloated contracts.

Hence, the need for Gute to complete the purge of the old and to increase the talent on the roster by ushering in the new.

Get er' done Gute, the organization badly needs some refreshing.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I understand that you find Gute's cutting and trading of so many players drafted by the previous GM to be wrongheaded.

But your bitterness towards Gute is no excuse for making up a falsehood about me being "convinced that Gute is so much better" than his predecessor.

As yet, I have no idea if Gute will do a better job than the previous GM.

What I do know is that the previous GM whom you so adore failed to get the Packers to second Super Bowl, despite having Aaron Rodgers at QB in his prime, between 2011-2017.

What I also know is that the roster Gute inherited in 2018 had both a number of gaping holes and several bloated contracts.

Hence, the need for Gute to complete the purge of the old and to increase the talent on the roster by ushering in the new.

Get er' done Gute, the organization badly needs some refreshing.

And yet again you continue to miss my point.  Shocking.  Ted Thompson's drafts in recent years didn't get the job done, which is why he is out.  But acting like Gute turned the Cleveland Browns into a Super Bowl championship-caliber team is wrong.  You choose to take the most optimistic viewpoint with Gute and the most pessimistic viewpoint with Ted Thompson.  That's not necessarily a right or wrong position to take, but one rooted in intellectual dishonesty isn't the right way to go about it.  But whatever floats your boat I guess.

I can't even imagine the screaming and yelling that would have occurred if a Ted Thompson team finished 5-10-1 (which is the best case scenario to end this season) in a year where Rodgers started all 16 games. 

That's Brett Hundley's record in 2017 extrapolated out to 16 games. 

ALLOT of the posters in this thread hit up the dealer for 4 new cards and play the hand still. 

The thought of growing or coaching a player is beyond them. Some of you would have cut Adams, Bahk, Nelson. Jones etc cause they didn’t produce day one. 

Heck, someone suggesting Jackson to FS already after 14 games. So much dumb in this thread and site it’s comical. 

5 hours ago, SAM said:

After the 2018 Draft I am not happy with Gutekurst. He had  Blue Chip players on the board that fell to GB at #14, Like Darwin James and Tremaine Edmunds, and he traded out for a first round pick next year that now looks like it may be #32.

Alexander is blue chip. Tone down. Chill.

Also think of it this way, when we received the Saints 1st round pick we all were anticipating our 1st round pick to be late 20's and hoping for top 10 with the Saints pick. Instead it appears its going to be the other way round so effectively nothing has changed!

Archived