Packers Draft Position Thread AKA Tankathon 2018

MacReady

26 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Every time I watch TJ Watt play I get more bummed that GB passed on him.  Probably the most disappointed I've ever been with a draft day decision. 

It'd be wore if we drafted a turd. But Jaire is the real deal.

1 hour ago, Slinky said:
1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Every time I watch TJ Watt play I get more bummed that GB passed on him.  Probably the most disappointed I've ever been with a draft day decision. 

It'd be wore if we drafted a turd. But Jaire is the real deal.

Except we drafted Kevin King instead, and he's played in what 50% of the games in his first 2 years?

22 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

pick 11 feels pretty realistic based on who is ahead of us.

atlanta is likely to beat tb

new orleans could rest starts against carolina

denver will beat oak tomorrow

10 6-9 .400 3.0 .487

11 6-9 .400 3.0 .504

12 6-9 .400 3.0 .538

13 6-8 .429 3.5 .521

14 6-8-1

Say what? 

The Lions absolutely laid down at home today against the Vikings.

If/when the Packers get another glorious victory next Sunday against Detroit, they will most likely be picking at 16 unless we think Miami is going to win, in NE, and Washington is going to beat Philly even though Philly is playing for a WC spot and Washington is on QB #4.

58 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

pick 11 feels pretty realistic based on who is ahead of us.

atlanta is likely to beat tb

new orleans could rest starts against carolina

denver will beat oak tomorrow

10 6-9 .400 3.0 .487

11 6-9 .400 3.0 .504

12 6-9 .400 3.0 .538

13 6-8 .429 3.5 .521

14 6-8-1

I'm thinking 12 best case. First we have to lose. Hopefully Denver wins tomorrow. Falcons have good chance to win. The one I dont see is Carolina. Even if the Saints sit Brees the entire game, they'll beat Carolina (and its backup QB) at home. 

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Same :( we can’t be hard on a trade down just for the sake of trading down,  if a tj watt talent is there you take him , we will rue that pick fir awhile 

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:
3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Except we drafted Kevin King instead, and he's played in what 50% of the games in his first 2 years?

I'd make the argument that if they both hit their ceilings, King is exponentially more valuable.

I don't think anyone would argue that. But King can't hit the field let alone his ceiling 

Just now, JBURGE said:

I don't think anyone would argue that. But King can't hit the field let alone his ceiling 

I mean, he's missed time for everything I think but the one thing (shoulder) that was a red flag coming out of Washington.  Some players just can't get healthy for whatever reason.

Here are the stats for 2 of the Packers top OLBs during past 3 seasons:

Kyler Fackrell; 1,117 snaps, 14.5 sacks, and $2,200,000 cap hit.

Clay Matthews; 1,799 snaps, 16 sacks, and >$40,000,000 cap hit.

It is amazing how much hand-wringing goes on over the impending loss of a player who has not been outstanding in any way except salary for several years now.

13 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'm with ya there but it probably wouldn't sting so much if King could stay on the field and be productive.  :(

12 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Say what? 

The Lions absolutely laid down at home today against the Vikings.

If/when the Packers get another glorious victory next Sunday against Detroit, they will most likely be picking at 16 unless we think Miami is going to win, in NE, and Washington is going to beat Philly even though Philly is playing for a WC spot and Washington is on QB #4.

Miami is playing at the Bills this week (the Jets are going to NE).  Miami is better than Buffalo so they could win that one.  The Saints can still beat the Panthers at home sitting starters seeing Cam Newton is out.

Archived