Packers Draft Position Thread AKA Tankathon 2018

MacReady

32 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’m pretty sure the second your GM starts telling head coaches who they can and cannot play, you don’t have many coaches who want to coach under than GM.

He's an interim. He's not our head coach. No one is going to care what Philbin does in these last two games. He's going to be a position coach in the NFL again next year, maybe another team offers him OC job if he's lucky.

41 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’m pretty sure the second your GM starts telling head coaches who they can and cannot play, you don’t have many coaches who want to coach under than GM.

The GM is charged with roster construction- not the head coach.  And ESPECIALLY not an interm head coach.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

He's an interim. He's not our head coach. No one is going to care what Philbin does in these last two games. He's going to be a position coach in the NFL again next year, maybe another team offers him OC job if he's lucky.

I’m aware he’s interim. Regardless, you’re GM essentially deciding who’s playing game day after the coach said he’s playing isn’t a good look.

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’m aware he’s interim. Regardless, you’re GM essentially deciding who’s playing game day after the coach said he’s playing isn’t a good look.

If a coach somehow infers that the GM will interfere with his game day lineups because we IR Aaron this week, he's paranoid and I don't want him on this team.

8 hours ago, Cpdaly23 said:

The GM is charged with roster construction- not the head coach.  And ESPECIALLY not an interm head coach.

5 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

5 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

If a coach somehow infers that the GM will interfere with his game day lineups because we IR Aaron this week, he's paranoid and I don't want him on this team.

Dont over think things. Philbin's "interim" and this season's over. We're fielding a team of no names. Anybody with a stubbed toe is being sidelined.
No potential coach is gonna think twice or "bllink" if we sit AR.

Kizer's completely healthy. Might as well play him at this juncture.

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I could see him following MM to wherever he goes if he decides to coach this year. Moss and him both honestly.

22 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001001885/article/philbin-wont-say-if-aaron-rodgers-will-play-vs-jets

maybe 12 won’t be playing after all? I’d say shut him down and let Kizer play

It can't be real pleasant to be Joe Philbin right now. At best he is trying to be a decent leader and help his team win a couple of games,  knowing that those wins will tick off a majority of Packer fans who are already looking forward to next year and a new coach. At worst he is dealing with the above while really, really wanting to be the HC and having his brief tenure messed up by uncharacteristic meddling from the front office.

1 minute ago, blueswedeshoes said:

It can't be real pleasant to be Joe Philbin right now. At best he is trying to be a decent leader and help his team win a couple of games,  knowing that those wins will tick off a majority of Packer fans who are already looking forward to next year and a new coach. At worst he is dealing with the above while really, really wanting to be the HC and having his brief tenure messed up by uncharacteristic meddling from the front office.

No kidding. At the end of the day, you know what they say, listen to the fans and you'll be sitting with them.  Joe needs to try to win these last 2 games and have an improved offense, and Pettine needs to try to keep a solid game plan with a bunch of fringe roster players. 

Aaron should sign a contract declaring if he gets an injury that if he gets an injury that causes him to miss any of training camp or game-time in these last 2 games then he has to return a corresponding amount of his bonus.

Or he should his backside on the bench and do what's best for the organisation.

Honestly, if Kizer plays and the rookie receivers and Kumerow start, I could actually root for this team to win at the weekend and if we win at least there might be bright sparks for the future. 

2 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

For me, its not just losing for draft position.

I'm just not interested in seeing Rodgers, Graham and co this weekend. Seeing if Kizer (and Boyle for a quarter) can do anything would just give the game some relevance.

Archived