Packers Draft Position Thread AKA Tankathon 2018

MacReady

40 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No doubt.  But I'm not in the business of predicting injuries.  If you can somehow figure out whose going to get injured and who won't, you're going to make a crap ton of money.

With our training staff tj Watt would retire before the end of next year and whatnot. 

The thing that bothers me about that, to be serious, is that we mostly obsess(ed) about him because of where he went to college. 

Just an FYI, the best we can get from the Saints is 28th overall.  That's if they lose in the Divisional Round. 

If the Saints lose in the Divisional Round - 28th overall pick.
If the Saints lose in the Championship Round - 30th overall.
If the Saints lose Super Bowl - 31st overall.
If they win the Super Bowl - 32nd overall. 

As long as they don't play the Bears/Vikings, I'll be rooting for them to lose even though I'd like to see Brees get another ring. 

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Just an FYI, the best we can get from the Saints is 28th overall.  That's if they lose in the Divisional Round. 

If the Saints lose in the Divisional Round - 28th overall pick.
If the Saints lose in the Championship Round - 30th overall.
If the Saints lose Super Bowl - 31st overall.
If they win the Super Bowl - 32nd overall. 

As long as they don't play the Bears/Vikings, I'll be rooting for them to lose even though I'd like to see Brees get another ring. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 27 is the lowest.  If New Orleans loses next week and the Rams win, they'll both be tied at 13-3 and the tiebreaker would likely be in favor of the Saints.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 27 is the lowest.  If New Orleans loses next week and the Rams win, they'll both be tied at 13-3 and the tiebreaker would likely be in favor of the Saints.

I believe this is correct, yes.  I just don't anticipate the Saints losing to the full on tank mode Panthers. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I believe this is correct, yes.  I just don't anticipate the Saints losing to the full on tank mode Panthers. 

I don't either, but with HFA locked up there's no real incentive for New Orleans to play their starters.  The Rams meanwhile need to hold off the Bears, and they should have enough to get over the 49ers.  Add on a win for the Eagles and Bears, and I'm good.

Who To Root For
Lions over Packers
Panthers over Saints
Falcons over Buccaneers
Broncos over Chargers
Bears over Vikings
Bengals over Steelers
Eagles over Redskins

IF all that happens, the Packers pick 10th, the Vikings miss the playoffs, and the Redskins pick for HHCD gets more valuable.

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Who To Root For
Lions over Packers
Panthers over Saints
Falcons over Buccaneers
Broncos over Chargers
Bears over Vikings
Bengals over Steelers
Eagles over Redskins

IF all that happens, the Packers pick 10th, the Vikings miss the playoffs, and the Redskins pick for HHCD gets more valuable.

Oh, I didn't think there was any way we could get the 10th pick.  That would be great even WITH a win on Sunday.  :)

Just now, Pugger said:

Oh, I didn't think there was any way we could get the 10th pick.  That would be great even WITH

I wouldn't expect it, but it's still mathematically possible.  The Lions/Packers game is a toss-up, I'd probably expect the Packers to win.  But the only game I think probably isn't going to happen is the Panthers over the Saints and Broncos over the Chargers.  The rest seems reasonable.

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

With a successful tanking after Mac's firing, GB would be sitting at #4 right now.  Not sure how I feel about that, but it's certainly some legit fodder for the "GB should have tanked" argument.

Holy crap!!!   What could have been.:(

10 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Looking like the Packers will be at pick number 17 or 18

Pretty sure the Packers beat the loins, putting them at the bottom of all the 7 win teams.... based on having the tie

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

It's actually not possible for the Packers to pick higher than 16th overall. 

I have already outlined this for everybody multiple times on the first post.  It is very simple:

The following teams are guaranteed to pick ahead of us due to their SOS and wins.  It is literally impossible for the Packers to receive the 17th overall pick or higher unless there is an expansion team from now to April. 

17 - Cleveland
18 - Philadelphia
19 - Pittsburgh
20 - Tennessee
21 - Minnesota
22 - Indianapolis
23 - Seattle
24 - Baltimore
25 - Dallas
26 - Houston
27 - Chicago
28 - Chargers
29 - New England
30 - Los Angeles
31 - Kansas City
32 - New Orleans

Just listen to me. 

The Packers are guaranteed to receive the 10th - 16th overall pick. 

With a win, the Packers can get 14th-16th.  No lower, no higher. 

With a loss, the Packers can get 10th - 14th overall.  No lower, no higher. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

It's actually not possible for the Packers to pick higher than 16th overall. 

I have already outlined this for everybody multiple times on the first post.  It is very simple:

The following teams are guaranteed to pick ahead of us due to their SOS and wins.  It is literally impossible for the Packers to receive the 17th overall pick or higher unless there is an expansion team from now to April. 

17 - Cleveland
18 - Philadelphia
19 - Pittsburgh
20 - Tennessee
21 - Minnesota
22 - Indianapolis
23 - Seattle
24 - Baltimore
25 - Dallas
26 - Houston
27 - Chicago
28 - Chargers
29 - New England
30 - Los Angeles
31 - Kansas City
32 - New Orleans

Just listen to me. 

The Packers are guaranteed to receive the 10th - 16th overall pick. 

With a win, the Packers can get 14th-16th.  No lower, no higher. 

With a loss, the Packers can get 10th - 14th overall.  No lower, no higher. 

Really hoping for a loss. Maybe I'll bring a laser pointer to Lambeau to assist.

Archived