Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This Was a big concern. Carr just is not a scrambling quarterback. He can't make plays consistently off schedule where AB thrives. That is what really makes Murray so enticing to Gruden  I'm sure

Almost every game Carr had opportunities to scramble for 1st downs or escape pressure to buy more time for WRs. He hardly ever used his feet and stayed stationary in the pocket. This led to stalled drives, 3 and outs, which put the defense back on the field.

Trading up to #1 for Murray is a real possibility. Especially since we gave the Cards a sweetheart deal last year

38 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This Was a big concern. Carr just is not a scrambling quarterback. He can't make plays consistently off schedule where AB thrives. That is what really makes Murray so enticing to Gruden  I'm sure

Although I do not want to draft Murray and a definite no to trading up for him, Carr not using his feet drives me nuts.  It was one of my biggest issues with him before we traded for AB.  I do not know if he really wants to stay in the pocket at all costs, was told to stay in the pocket, or is afraid to run after the back injury but it hurt us a lot last year.  Carr has the ability to get out and run but avoids contact to much.  2016 against the Saints he was reckless but after his injuries he has been to cautious.  If he broke containment a couple times and ran for firsts it would help his line and slow down the pass rush.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Worth noting today that the Beats GM reiterated Jordan Howard is up for grabs still. I'd love to pair him with Jacobs and Richard and call it a day.

I mean absolute no disrespect by this, but go watch this RB draft class further. There is like 5 RBs I’d take over Jordan Howard in the 4th-5th Round which is how much he would cost. There’s nothing that special about Howard. Give me Damian Harris, Bryce Love, Devine Ozigbo, Miles Sanders, among others over Howard. 

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Are we posting numbers Carr will never see?

Yeah because getting to 4,000 with a great TE, old WR (Jordy), a quitter (Cooper), Mr. Butter-Hands (Roberts), and the suspended one (Bryant) should have been good enough to get him there his first year in J. Gruden's offense.  I bet if him and his two new WRs stay healthy he will hit over 4,500 easily. Probably closer to 4800 honestly.

Would definitely help if we picked up a TE in the draft too.  I think J. Richard will again help him rack up passing yards as well.  But getting a player like J. Jacobs could definitely help as well.  Either way I still think he will hit 4,500 this season.

Edited by Jerry

If everything works out for Carr I think his passing yards ceiling is 4,200

Raiders will preferably be a better team next season and won’t be down so much in games where they’re just throwing the ball every down and rely on the run more so that will keep his yards down. Can’t seen him easily throwing for 4,500. Only 5 QB threw for 4,500 plus yards last year and only two did it the year before. 

Edited by agarcia34