Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, raidr4life said:

We also passed on Chris Jones for Edward's I believe.

2016 draft. Jones went 37 after KC traded down with SF moving up to 28 for Garnett.

At 44 we took Ward and Robinson was 46 and Reed was 49 on a trade up. Basically Jones started a run on DT's. There were some posters I remember who were all about Jones. I thought the Bama DT's were going in the 1st round. I liked Reggie but he liked that boom bust athlete in the 2nd with Ward and Watson. Edwards even fit that but played well enough before injury.

10 hours ago, G said:

2016 draft. Jones went 37 after KC traded down with SF moving up to 28 for Garnett.

At 44 we took Ward and Robinson was 46 and Reed was 49 on a trade up. Basically Jones started a run on DT's. There were some posters I remember who were all about Jones. I thought the Bama DT's were going in the 1st round. I liked Reggie but he liked that boom bust athlete in the 2nd with Ward and Watson. Edwards even fit that but played well enough before injury.

That's right yeah I wanted Jones so bad now I wonder if he would have been our pick over Ward if he had made it to 44.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, raidr4life said:

That's right yeah I wanted Jones so bad now I wonder if he would have been our pick over Ward if he had made it to 44.

One would think so and if he was, then probably don't spend a 2nd on Hall. Hurst was too cheap in 5th not to take. Jones really impresses me with how good he has been for KC. I think it continues after getting paid. Won't be a Haynesworth.

33 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Mike Mayock Previews Raiders' 2020 Offseason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF2KH-lewXc

I'm not buying the media Mayock unhappiness garbage at all after listening to this. He sounds like a guy engaged with all the facets of his work, keeping his head down. Fairly simple. The media loves infantile reality TV type drama crap. So much so that they just make it up on a whim.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, holyghost said:

I'm not buying the media Mayock unhappiness garbage at all after listening to this. He sounds like a guy engaged with all the facets of his work, keeping his head down. Fairly simple. The media loves infantile reality TV type drama crap. So much so that they just make it up on a whim.

They just upset because he doesn't do interviews every week.

Vic did an interview with Mayock and Vic mentioned that he did apologize to Mayock for the remark he made about his job status.

Said how the defense is the biggest overall need on the team

Said WR is a need on offense

Said Carr had a better second year than first year under Gruden(Ya think)

Felt like they asked Ferrell to do too much early on by moving him inside(Ya think again)

• Like 1

Really love Mayock, dude has zero ego, takes ownership of his decision and is engaged with everything going on in the organization. I can’t wait for this off-season to begin and watch the man continue to build a winner.

Also, very excited to see how the move to Vegas and the no state income tax helps us in FA. 13% to 0 is a big deal to these guys making millions of dollars. The income tax along with our new stadium and facilities are going to be a huge attraction. We will no longer be behind in the facilities department. I think that hurt us for such a long time and why we mostly attracted guys out for a pay day. 

• Like 1