Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

17 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't follow Tafur because I believe he's a hack, but why did he apologize? Is he admitting to making stuff up?

I tried searching there but couldn’t see the tweet I was referring to. Scrolled through his tweets but Tafur replies to so many random stupid questions it’s impossible to find anything.

I’m sure he wasn’t openly admitting to making stuff up. But iirc it was along those lines; admitting journalists had exaggerated the Mayock/Gruden rift because they feel Mike doesn’t speak to them enough.

45 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I tried searching there but couldn’t see the tweet I was referring to. Scrolled through his tweets but Tafur replies to so many random stupid questions it’s impossible to find anything.

I’m sure he wasn’t openly admitting to making stuff up. But iirc it was along those lines; admitting journalists had exaggerated the Mayock/Gruden rift because they feel Mike doesn’t speak to them enough.

Very hack-ish, which doesn't surprise me. Tafur reporting that Mayock and Gruden weren't close based on inference really shows how little value beat reports have.

Journalists, especially beat journalists, like to pretend they have real insight but they are far less reliable than the national sports media.

• Like 1

Just more PFF is trash for everyone to remember this draft season.

Their bias on players that they ranked highly or lowly comes through in everything they do. They will go to great lengths to grade a player lowly they didn't like in the draft just to prove a point and vice versa. 

They are no different than if 5 of us started our own website and assigned grades to players we liked and then spent years trying to justify it. I really hope they shrivel up and go away eventually. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Yeah ! A complete overhaul of our LBer corps 

I thought he did pretty well given he came in off the street, I'd be fine with signing him up for a couple years as depth though hope the FO don't think he's the answer to our LB issues.......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I thought he did pretty well given he came in off the street, I'd be fine with signing him up for a couple years as depth though hope the FO don't think he's the answer to our LB issues.......

Agreed. I hope we bring him back but absolutely look to upgrade all 3 positions at LB one way or another.