Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

56 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/06/raiders-maxx-crosby-patrick-mahomes/

gotta love maxx

him and tanner gonna show y’all how sleepers rock 

I was watching an Amik 'Bobcat' Robertson highlights today and was thinking he's our 'Maxx' surprise for the season. Screw his size, he just makes plays and will probably get a lot of reps even with the depth ahead of him. Most of us thought Maxx needed a season or two to bulk up...Amik is pro ready IMO and just shouldn't guard Frankie 6'3 guys.  Doesn't mean he can't but might be a good coaching decision. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, G said:

I was watching an Amik 'Bobcat' Robertson highlights today and was thinking he's our 'Maxx' surprise for the season. Screw his size, he just makes plays and will probably get a lot of reps even with the depth ahead of him. Most of us thought Maxx needed a season or two to bulk up...Amik is pro ready IMO and just shouldn't guard Frankie 6'3 guys.  Doesn't mean he can't but might be a good coaching decision. 

I like amik I like him more than Joyner and he hasn’t even played a nfl snap yet. Just think tanner came out of nowhere like maxx. Amik is a sleeper too just worry about him vs te’s on the inside 

• Like 1

I think the Amik Robertson fan club needs to simmer a bit.... i really like him to but it’s getting to the point people expect he’ll push Joyner to the bench by week 1.  I expect Robertson to play as a rookie but there’s a lot of technique and small details that go into playing slot CB and that will take time for him to pick up. Not to mention Joyner is a veteran and we’re hopefully a playoff team this year, so we’re just more likely to go with the vet until Robertson proves he’s more capable on a consistent basis. I think he starts getting some decent game time by weeks 6-8.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think the Amik Robertson fan club needs to simmer a bit.... i really like him to but it’s getting to the point people expect he’ll push Joyner to the bench by week 1.  I expect Robertson to play as a rookie but there’s a lot of technique and small details that go into playing slot CB and that will take time for him to pick up. Not to mention Joyner is a veteran and we’re hopefully a playoff team this year, so we’re just more likely to go with the vet until Robertson proves he’s more capable on a consistent basis. I think he starts getting some decent game time by weeks 6-8.  

I get that he is a rookie but if Joyner is going to play at the level he did last year I would rather seem him at FS with Randal and play the rookie in the slot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I get that he is a rookie but if Joyner is going to play at the level he did last year I would rather seem him at FS with Randal and play the rookie in the slot.

I agree that Joyner should be at FS,,, ugh that pains me... but he’s almost definitely staying at slot CB... the staff had hammered that fact home many times 

I’m very certain Joyner rebounds to be a decent slot cb.  And again it’s a big jump Robertson is taking and I might not be a matter of if he’s ready but more does the coaching staff know he’s ready.

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Right after “FK AB” ‘s release everyone repeated the company line of “it wasn’t a distraction....we barely saw him so we weren’t counting on him.... etc” when asked by the media.  Now that time has passed Crosby and others are being more honest and accurate as to how disruptive FK AB and his drama was to the team.  I believe it seriously stressed the team out as it played out and when he was forced to be cut, which I believe the players understood, it seriously damaged the teams morale.  How could it now?  2 years in a row right before the season the best player gets cut or traded.

Its such a shame that FK AB couldn’t keep it together.... I think Carr and him could have been very impressive together and we make the playoffs 

• Like 1