Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Before we ****e on Bowden... let’s look at why this is fake news.  It’s Bowden’s families home.  This had absolutely nothing to do with LB.  Apparently they were searching for a cousin.  It just got more clicks to say Bowden’s home... and throw the guy under the bus.  We knew he grew up rough,,,, ate we going to condemn him for what his cousin did?  Another example of America’s piss poor media.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

US media sucks 

It’s all about clicks and generating ad revenue.  As Paper subscriptions dropped off (near zero Now... only 80yo’s get an actual paper) the need to generate online ad revenue (and premium online subscriptions) became paramount.  Newspapers are struggling to stay afloat and have constant layoffs.  They’ve replaced seasoned actual reporters with fresh out of college liberal arts major millennials who can’t put together stuff from IKEA let alone actually investigate.  It’s really sad.  Also many newspapers have been bought out by conglomerates and are horribly managed by people with no experience in the industry.  My mother and several friends work for Hearst Media So I hear about this stuff a lot.

and do not get me started about the liberal media bias.... ugh it sickens me. “News” had become the hosts own editorial monologue. It’s sickening.

• Like 1

Honestly, this is a lesson to learn from for LB and I wish he had the insight to realize he’s gotta distance himself from his family who ate hustling and/or banging but then again who am I to judge. Can we be mad he was at his grandmas house? Not really.  It ain’t like he’s signed his rookie deal and has money.  He might have gotten some advances but not THAT much.  The guy just needs a mentor IMO and we should have a life coach on the team (/ as a consultant) to help transition players like him into the NFL life and adulthood.  Things always go to ****e fast and the difference between being involved in a court case or criminal incident and really just comes down to deciding to go home or leave a few mins early.  It’s easy to judge LB but i personally know how just not having a father (etc) and growing up around troubled people can lead to you being involved.  I got into some minor trouble in college.... (caught with literally 1 OxyContin)... did a skid bid... got out and finished college.... held a full time job throughout.... (70hours work, full time college).... the recession hit and with a record I couldn’t find a post college job for 2 years.... bills racked up.... my buddy kept asking me to come to Florida with him... finally I say sure.... I just wanted to make money to pay off Bills and have Xmas money.... and within 2 months It blew up into a multimillion dollar a year drug and gun running operation.  Never looked to get into that, just hit hard times and was a mad disgruntled young “man” (really still a kid), and took the easy way out.  Maybe LB is messing up but I’ll Give him the benefit of doubt THIS time but it’s still something to be concerned with for the organization, as Things can turn bad fast.  Even the CO’s in the joint use to joke “hey were only a bad weekend from being in here with you ourselves”.  hopefully LB gets on the next plane to LV and leaves the mess he grew up in behind him.  All it takes is one snitch to say he was there when “this or that” happened.  Federal conspiracy charges are a MFer.... it takes next to nothing to catch a case. I almost got caught up in a double murder home invasion on the other side of the state with people I never ever met, talked to, etc all because a drug addict snitch made up a story to try and get out of a simple possession charge.  If LB is just in the house while his cousins are making deals or he gives them some money and they use that to re-up then the government can charge him.  Good luck taking on the Federal Government on a conspiracy charge.  It’s literally “THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA vs your name”.... that’s a really really crazy thing to think about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s all about clicks and generating ad revenue.  As Paper subscriptions dropped off (near zero Now... only 80yo’s get an actual paper) the need to generate online ad revenue (and premium online subscriptions) became paramount.  Newspapers are struggling to stay afloat and have constant layoffs.  They’ve replaced seasoned actual reporters with fresh out of college liberal arts major millennials who can’t put together stuff from IKEA let alone actually investigate.  It’s really sad.  Also many newspapers have been bought out by conglomerates and are horribly managed by people with no experience in the industry.  My mother and several friends work for Hearst Media So I hear about this stuff a lot.

and do not get me started about the liberal media bias.... ugh it sickens me. “News” had become the hosts own editorial monologue. It’s sickening.

Conservative news sucks too!

His teammates need to get him out to Vegas.  I would be sleeping on one of my teammates couches until I sign my rookie deal.  Then move grandma, parents, and siblings to Vegas if they want to come.  That young man needs to understand the opportunity he has right now and should have a single focus of perfecting his craft and establishing himself in the league.  Go back later to help when you are more capable and it is less of a risk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

His teammates need to get him out to Vegas.  I would be sleeping on one of my teammates couches until I sign my rookie deal.  Then move grandma, parents, and siblings to Vegas if they want to come.  That young man needs to understand the opportunity he has right now and should have a single focus of perfecting his craft and establishing himself in the league.  Go back later to help when you are more capable and it is less of a risk.

All 100% true.... but (big buy here) .... it’s hard to not go over your grandmothers house and spend time with her before you move away for LV and the season.  Not to sound like a no naive person... but he “could” have just went over his grandma’s house for a few hours or to a small get together to celebrate before he leaves town... and BOOM some ****e his cousin did has the FEDS and alphabet boys knocking the door in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Before we ****e on Bowden... let’s look at why this is fake news.  It’s Bowden’s families home.  This had absolutely nothing to do with LB.  Apparently they were searching for a cousin.  It just got more clicks to say Bowden’s home... and throw the guy under the bus.  We knew he grew up rough,,,, ate we going to condemn him for what his cousin did?  Another example of America’s piss poor media.

That's why when I read this in Vegas this morning I waited til I got back to Nor Cal to comment. Usually 48 hours is best to get info out but we didn't trash him like we would have AB. LOL Some just don't deserve our patience but anyone new in Silver and Black wears the shield and gets some slack. Didn't think a young guy would already own a house before getting the football contract. Unless the school 'provided it' but Ohio didn't add up.

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

All 100% true.... but (big buy here) .... it’s hard to not go over your grandmothers house and spend time with her before you move away for LV and the season.  Not to sound like a no naive person... but he “could” have just went over his grandma’s house for a few hours or to a small get together to celebrate before he leaves town... and BOOM some ****e his cousin did has the FEDS and alphabet boys knocking the door in.

Take grandma with you.  I am sure she could use a vacation and will be getting rid of that house if the kid perfects his craft.  You have to know when it is time to leave people behind.  I have cousins I have not talked to in decades because they were/are caught up in stuff I do not want to risk being around.  I have a lot of friends I just stopped talking to after I had kids because it was not a good environment for them.  Not saying my grandma is but if she was involved with the stuff my cousins did I would cut grandma out of my life also.  I would do the same to my parents and siblings to protect my kids and their opportunities.  Somebody needs to remind him how big his game checks are because even if he is innocent the league may still suspend you for making stupid decisions.  Of course this depends on the degree of stupidity.  Hanging out with someone wanted by the DEA is not going to get him any leniency with Goodell if he does some borderline later on. 

• Like 1

https://www.insidethebirds.com/post/caplan-s-nfl-corner-the-book-on-ryan

For the first time in years, the Las Vegas Raiders believe they have the makings of a complete offense.

While 2019 first-round pick RB Josh Jacobs had a terrific first season, it was hard watching their passing game last season.

Starting WR Tyrell Williams suffered a plantar fascia injury very early in the season, and while he only missed two games he was limited by the injury quite a bit and the team struggled to find quality depth at the position. And finding anyone who had speed at the position was equally as difficult.
Now with Williams 100% recovered, and with the addition of first-round pick Henry Ruggs, the Raiders believe they have a terrific size-speed combo.
Ruggs, who I'm told will line up at the "Z" position, is expected to be fully recovered from the cut he recently suffered on one of his thighs way before training camp starts. Ruggs was helping a friend move and suffered a deep gash in his thigh.

With Jacobs, Williams, Ruggs, slot WR Hunter Renfrow, and athletic TE Darren Waller, the coaches will able to take advantage of matchups on a consistent basis for the first time in head coach Jon Gruden's second tenure with the team.
Word around the team is this offense has the makings of one of their best in years and they'll be to attack the defense in a variety of ways.

After this season, look for third-round pick Bryan Edwards, who is still rehabbing his surgically repaired ankle, to possibly start at the "X" position.
Williams, who carries a base salary of $11m for this season (became fully guaranteed 3 days after the Super Bowl), has no guaranteed money past this season.
Edwards doesn't figure to have much of a role this season, but he was drafted with the belief that he could start down the line. And the Raiders were one of many teams that felt he was a first-round talent just based on tape study, but his injury history dropped him down draft boards.