Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

25 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The week of the Redskins game I think Carr did something similar to Drew.  It was in the locker room and thank goodness it stayed there if it happened.  Not saying what should be done and I will try to always refrain from telling others how to think but I believe Carr might have crossed a line that week.  That is also why I believe you would see players celebrating sometimes until Carr got there and then he would be ignored.  Could be other stuff also including me just seeing stuff that is not really there.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

The week of the Redskins game I think Carr did something similar to Drew.  It was in the locker room and thank goodness it stayed there if it happened.  Not saying what should be done and I will try to always refrain from telling others how to think but I believe Carr might have crossed a line that week.  That is also why I believe you would see players celebrating sometimes until Carr got there and then he would be ignored.  Could be other stuff also including me just seeing stuff that is not really there.

I thought about that as well seeing players' reactions, including his teammates, to Brees' comments. And I think it's safe to assume where JDR stood on that issue too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but the work place is not were you do it. You have 53+ players from all over the U.S. with different life experiences and opinions.

I'm a big Carr supporter but he has to keep his mouth shut, I don't want to hear about God of anything else while try to  escape everyday problems through sports.

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I've tried and tried to find evidence of this.  I don't not believe it, I just don't recall anything out of the ordinary.  Any footage or support behind it? 

2 hours ago, Totty said:

I've tried and tried to find evidence of this.  I don't not believe it, I just don't recall anything out of the ordinary.  Any footage or support behind it? 

I remember getting physically beat down by the Redskins. The first two games we looked unstoppable and after that 3rd game we never looked the same. I thought Carr was interviewed about how they talked about it as a team and how they would handle it. Can't remember if the interview was before or after the game. I don't think Brees ment it as a negative to the protests as much as the anthem has a significant meaning to him because of his family that served. However there's a LOT of momo now and a 'role model' saying anything that doesn't back the movement 100% will be seen as an attack on the movement. The ANTIFA coworker once told me 'you are either with us or against us' so it's disappointing that society seems to think that's normal at this moment in time. I think there will be changes but not for the better. Gun sales are up and laws will be put in place to protect your family and property. Wild wild west where you can justify it. When a friend of mine moved to Texas I thought he was nuts because of what happened with a guy being drug through a Texas town behind a truck and the guys got off. That was long ago but I've heard stories of things that happen in Texas. Not a place I'd want to move to and not a judgement of all Texans but WOW to things you hear when people think you're'the same' O.o

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Totty said:

Meh I watched that game thoroughly and I didn’t see any teammates deliberately missing blocks or dropping passes just to mess with carr. Carr was the one who looked not ready. He started slow, throwing picks and got in his own head imo and never could shake it off.

4 hours ago, Totty said:

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh I watched that game thoroughly and I didn’t see any teammates deliberately missing blocks or dropping passes just to mess with carr. Carr was the one who looked not ready. He started slow, throwing picks and got in his own head imo and never could shake it off.

I have no evidence except it looks like his teammates stopped buying into him.  Kind of like when players quit on a coach.  Seems like they have tuned him out.  Could also be he is just not as good as he looked in 2016, teams figured him out, injuries, or a combination.  That week was very politically charged.  Here is a video of the anthem.  I think almost the entire team except Carr and Cook were sitting on the bench with interlocking arms.  The entire Redskins team stayed together.  There looked like one other player was close to Carr with a 5 on their shoulder pad.  I think it is Condo because I saw just about everyone else on the bench including Mack.

8 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I have no evidence except it looks like his teammates stopped buying into him.  Kind of like when players quit on a coach.  Seems like they have tuned him out.  Could also be he is just not as good as he looked in 2016, teams figured him out, injuries, or a combination.  That week was very politically charged.  Here is a video of the anthem.  I think almost the entire team except Carr and Cook were sitting on the bench with interlocking arms.  The entire Redskins team stayed together.  There looked like one other player was close to Carr with a 5 on their shoulder pad.  I think it is Condo because I saw just about everyone else on the bench including Mack.

Ooooooo I didn’t see the intro. Why is he not with the team?

wow I didn’t know this my first time seeing that very interesting very interesting 

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ooooooo I didn’t see the intro. Why is he not with the team?

wow I didn’t know this my first time seeing that very interesting very interesting 

I remember watching the anthem because it was talked about all week long and the league, coaches, and players fighting over the issue.  We had the Sunday night game in the nations capital so everyone say it.  I remember some of our players being very vocal leading up to the game about what they were going to do.  If you watch the players faces a few of them look very irritated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G said:

I remember getting physically beat down by the Redskins. The first two games we looked unstoppable and after that 3rd game we never looked the same. I thought Carr was interviewed about how they talked about it as a team and how they would handle it. Can't remember if the interview was before or after the game. I don't think Brees ment it as a negative to the protests as much as the anthem has a significant meaning to him because of his family that served. However there's a LOT of momo now and a 'role model' saying anything that doesn't back the movement 100% will be seen as an attack on the movement. The ANTIFA coworker once told me 'you are either with us or against us' so it's disappointing that society seems to think that's normal at this moment in time. I think there will be changes but not for the better. Gun sales are up and laws will be put in place to protect your family and property. Wild wild west where you can justify it. When a friend of mine moved to Texas I thought he was nuts because of what happened with a guy being drug through a Texas town behind a truck and the guys got off. That was long ago but I've heard stories of things that happen in Texas. Not a place I'd want to move to and not a judgement of all Texans but WOW to things you hear when people think you're'the same' O.o

I just learned about Antifa and “buggalo boys” lol look them up this past week which imo isn’t even remotely related to police brutality of poc. Those are radical groups who are taking advantage of and trying to hijack this current protest.

I understand what drew was saying but for someone as educated as drew is I’m surprised he doesn’t know both sides of the situation. His grandfather’s fought the same war poc did. Only difference is drews grandpas got the welcoming hero treatment that my grandpa or other poc veterans didnt. Drew should know about the history of the gi bill. Him saying what he did just pulled off that scab and and poured salt in the wounds. 

fwiw drew is from Texas and his parents are judges iirc. He spoke his truth about his feelings and his beliefs Which is fair. But you can’t get mad at the reaction because when you put yourself out there like that you have to accept what comes with it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I just learned about Antifa and “buggalo boys” lol look them up this past week which imo isn’t even remotely related to police brutality of poc. Those are radical groups who are taking advantage of and trying to hijack this current protest.

I understand what drew was saying but for someone as educated as drew is I’m surprised he doesn’t know both sides of the situation. His grandfather’s fought the same war poc did. Only difference is drews grandpas got the welcoming hero treatment that my grandpa or other poc veterans didnt. Drew should know about the history of the gi bill. Him saying what he did just pulled off that scab and and poured salt in the wounds. 

fwiw drew is from Texas and his parents are judges iirc. He spoke his truth about his feelings and his beliefs Which is fair. But you can’t get mad at the reaction because when you put yourself out there like that you have to accept what comes with it.

I am okay with anyone stating what they are going to do and why but keep it as a positive.  If they ask how you feel about protesting during the anthem speak about what you are going to do and why but stay away from judging others or stating what you think they should do.  I know that statement sounds a little hypocritical that I say what someone else should do by not telling someone else what to do.  He could have said I will stand during the anthem and this is why but stayed away from saying any protests are disrespectful.  Nobody is going to listen to you right now and I personally think emotions are to high to have these conversations.  His best answer would have been to just decline to answer.  If Michael Tomas decides to take a knee and you will not then stand next to him.  What I would like for Drew to do is get his teammates together and get in victory formation on the first play and everyone take a knee.  They could also donate the first game check to help solve these issues in whatever way they choose together.  When someone loses a loved one while they are grieving is not a good time to talk about how it could have been avoided or anything else negative.  Just let them grieve and if you truly care for them then just be there for them.

• Like 1

In the past, Carr has made his stance clear on not kneeling. He, as many other did, automatically associated it to out of respect for the military. 

I'm just glad he didn't bring it up this week, with all the crap that has been going on lately. We know how you feel and it's fine but this wasn't the week to reiterate it like Brees did. Brees was really tone deaf with his statements, which is surprising for a guy as smart and image conscious as he has been throughout his career.

So even though I'm sure Carr feels very similarly to Brees, I'm glad he didn't restate it this week when a community of people are hurting. Very same community that makes up over 70% of the league and are the best players.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Totty said:

You don't remember Carr taking some big hits that game and OL wasn't even helping him up.

The Offensive Line, 4 sacks, 3 bad snaps, and Carr was under constant duress all game.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/majority-raiders-sit-link-arms-during-anthem-response-trump

Atleast that was the rumor this goes more in depth...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/oakland-raiders-players-punish-derek-carr-standing-national-anthem/

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1