Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 9/26/2019 at 4:19 PM, BayRaider said:

Loved Burns myself too, when you lead the nation in pressures in probably the second toughest conference, you are for real. His hips, speed, and hand movements are fantastic. My final mock, somewhere cluttered in the draft thread I had is trading down to 11 and getting Ferrell (I really liked Ferrell and still do) and trading up to 16 and getting Burns. Edge was our biggest need x2. Had us landing Jacobs at 35 still, whether he would of landed that far I can’t say, but no team between 25-34 had much of a need for him. Always gotta watch out for those trades though. 

Burns was my guy... shame we wasted that 4th overall pick.... at least Kolton was a plus athlete, and coming around.... Ferrell...... mama said if you got nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all

19 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

In which one of your 100 mocks?

If the draft was longer Burns would of been his least favorite. 

Remember when every post was we have to trade up for Bosa for months then all of a sudden Bosa isn’t even draftable to him. 

• Like 1

I like plus athletes who can ball. Al Davis mindset.... that’s why I wasn’t high on Ferrell, below average athlete who was scared of running a 40. Actually think Max has the higher ceiling and starting to think he will be better. Ferrell will thrive if he can master his technique. In college he didn’t go against an all American LT every week, Most NFL Tackle are the best in the world who are great athletes 

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Burns was my guy... shame we wasted that 4th overall pick.... at least Kolton was a plus athlete, and coming around.... Ferrell...... mama said if you got nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all

I don’t understand about all the hate on Ferrell?

He’s doing just as well if not better than every other DE in the draft.

You have to take into account the team is the Raiders have played.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

Agreed the Ferrell hate is ridiculous. I told you guys he’s more of a red shirt rookie but still one of my favorite prospects. I predicted 5 sacks this year. And even overall, he’s a 6-9 sack a year player who will be an elite run defender and supreme leadership. He’s never gonna be that premiere Mack/Von pass rusher. He’s Brandon Graham (who is a stud in his own right).

Not only is he a rookie but he has the most garbage D Line in the league. I’ve down on Key since we drafted him, this guy is a pure situational/3rd string type of pass rusher and we are STARTING HIM. It’s madness. Hurst is had a promising year last year but overall nothing special and having a bad year this year. The other DT spot is full of sporadic play, mostly bad. 

Has to be the worst DLine in football

Edited by BayRaider

Since when has been Key been starting? He’s got 1 tackle and an assist all season.

Mauro and Ferrell are the normal starters in base. I know we played a lot of nickel against the Colts but Crosby seems to be ahead of him and Key was playing DT at times to get snaps. 

Edited by Dessie

41 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Since when has been Key been starting? He’s got 1 tackle and an assist all season.

Mauro and Ferrell are the normal starters in base. I know we played a lot of nickel against the Colts but Crosby seems to be ahead of him and Key was playing DT at times to get snaps. 

Key has way too much playing time in general. Mauro is one dimensional and complete stop-gap and Crosby will always be rotation depth (although way better than Key). But trying to make Crosby starter is wasting time like we did with Key. Crosby was drafted to be a rotational edge rusher. 

Our DLine is probably the worst in football atm so not sure why Ferrell gets s***ed on. Dude needs a ton of help. 

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Key has way too much playing time in general. Mauro is one dimensional and complete stop-gap and Crosby will always be rotation depth (although way better than Key). But trying to make Crosby starter is wasting time like we did with Key. Crosby was drafted to be a rotational edge rusher. 

Our DLine is probably the worst in football atm so not sure why Ferrell gets s***ed on. Dude needs a ton of help. 

It’s far too early to judge Ferrell but he is a top 5 pick who at the end of the day is going to be judged as the player who should be making others like Key better not the other way round. As most said at the time, I like the player but hate the value. Hopefully the kid can become an 8+ sacks a year player but I have my doubts.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’ve down on Key since we drafted him, this guy is a pure situational/3rd string type of pass rusher and we are STARTING HIM. It’s madness. Hurst is had a promising year last year but overall nothing special and having a bad year this year. The other DT spot is full of sporadic play, mostly bad. 

Key played more snaps against the Colts as Mayowa was out but he’s at about 35% of snaps this season and is being played as pure situational/3rd string not a starter though like you said, not sure why.

Crosby is actually showing some promise as a pass rusher.He looks as though he has ability to get to the QB. I like Hall he’s improving but more against the run. We seemed to struggle to get pressure up the middle v  the Colts. The other DT Hankins has been pretty good imo.

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed the Ferrell hate is ridiculous. I told you guys he’s more of a red shirt rookie but still one of my favorite prospects. I predicted 5 sacks this year. And even overall, he’s a 6-9 sack a year player who will be an elite run defender and supreme leadership. He’s never gonna be that premiere Mack/Von pass rusher. He’s Brandon Graham (who is a stud in his own right).

Not only is he a rookie but he has the most garbage D Line in the league. I’ve down on Key since we drafted him, this guy is a pure situational/3rd string type of pass rusher and we are STARTING HIM. It’s madness. Hurst is had a promising year last year but overall nothing special and having a bad year this year. The other DT spot is full of sporadic play, mostly bad. 

Plus we played two primarily run teams and then the best offense in the league.