GDT 2018: Week 17 - Cleveland @ Baltimore - FOR THE DIVISION TITLE!!

RavensTillIDie

28 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Lamar vs Baker showdown.

You know that's going to become a thing. Round 1 here we go.

Pick #1 vs Pick #32

It will be new for us. Flacco-Ryan didn't go down that much, but Lamar and Baker could end up playing each other 3 times a year. 

still have a bad feeling for this game, i don't trust a Harbaugh led team to actually close out a season any longer :|

focus to me should be to limit Chubb and not let him break any long runs, and put it on Mayfield to win it for Cleveland - our secondary will handle the rest.
let him go into offseason with that bitter taste of defeat so he knows what to expect for the next years coming.

47 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Random stat but with a win here in this game, Lamar Jackson would equal the number of QB wins as Baker Mayfield for rookie QBs.

Only technically. Mayfield entered his first game just before half down two TDs and won. He didn't start so he isn't credited with a win but obviously it was his win.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Only technically. Mayfield entered his first game just before half down two TDs and won. He didn't start so he isn't credited with a win but obviously it was his win.

True. But technically if Lamar wins this game and a playoff game that equally won’t count toward his rookie QB record.

My disdain for the Browns are noted. While I like 'Shake N Bake' Mayfield, he must lose because this is bigger than him.

We will win the division by our own might. By our own strong will. We will send, The Mighty Joe Flacco off in style! Another AFC North Crown!

A road to the Superbowl with 5 more wins to go. The Browns will be just another victim.

Ravens 30 - Browns 14

This may be a dumb reason to destroy Cleveland (because their are plenty of better ones- like playoffs), but I haven’t been paying much attention to news stories outside this team and just learned of the passing of Hugh Jackson’s sibling and parent. I’m not the biggest fan of the guy (though he has been a talented coordinator for sure), but that just takes my disdain for Mayfield and his antics from “that’s immature, but whatever floats your boat” to “this guy is just a bully” and I want the Ravens defense to smack him around and really come for him. Bully him. Throughout the draft process I always had Lamar and Baker as my two highest rated QBs and I’m glad we got Lamar because the more that Baker’s personality comes out, the more I can’t stand what he stands for. Many people hated Terrell Owens for the same antics they praised Baker for. Only TO was a tool in-game. He embarrassed you in-game. And he did it regardless of his level of competition. Baker never sought to piss of teams like Georgia and Alabama with his antics, while TO was willing to copy Ray Lewis’ dance upon scoring a touchdown against our elite defensive units that intimidated many.

Baker seems like a classic bully, he never planted a flag until AFTER Ohio State was beaten and lost. He didn’t grab his “humanity” against Georgia he did it against an overmatched Kansas squad. He’s not calling out the Ravens defense prior to our playing them, but he’s willing to staredown a former coach who has had a brutal year personally. He only attacks the weak and the helpless. Not a fan of an individual like that. Glad we got Lamar.

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

This may be a dumb reason to destroy Cleveland (because their are plenty of better ones- like playoffs), but I haven’t been paying much attention to news stories outside this team and just learned of the passing of Hugh Jackson’s sibling and parent. I’m not the biggest fan of the guy (though he has been a talented coordinator for sure), but that just takes my disdain for Mayfield and his antics from “that’s immature, but whatever floats your boat” to “this guy is just a bully” and I want the Ravens defense to smack him around and really come for him. Bully him. Throughout the draft process I always had Lamar and Baker as my two highest rated QBs and I’m glad we got Lamar because the more that Baker’s personality comes out, the more I can’t stand what he stands for. Many people hated Terrell Owens for the same antics they praised Baker for. Only TO was a tool in-game. He embarrassed you in-game. And he did it regardless of his level of competition. Baker never sought to piss of teams like Georgia and Alabama with his antics, while TO was willing to copy Ray Lewis’ dance upon scoring a touchdown against our elite defensive units that intimidated many.

Baker seems like a classic bully, he never planted a flag until AFTER Ohio State was beaten and lost. He didn’t grab his “humanity” against Georgia he did it against an overmatched Kansas squad. He’s not calling out the Ravens defense prior to our playing them, but he’s willing to staredown a former coach who has had a brutal year personally. He only attacks the weak and the helpless. Not a fan of an individual like that. Glad we got Lamar.

The death of his brother and mother was a pretty big part of the first Hard Knocks episodes. It was actually pretty hard to watch. He was emotionally destroyed which was obvious but tried to carry through and not let his emotions be a theme. Eventually he broke down a couple of times.

I may remember Hue in a too positive light from when he was here and when he destroyed us several times with the Bengals. But he never deserved to be the laughing stock he has become.

Archived