KC signs RB Damien Williams to a 2-year extension

Broncofan

Silver lining in all the ugliness with the K-Hunt situation.  

Obviously the guaranteed $ matters most and no info yet.  Doesn’t prevent KC from drafting a RB to pair with him next year.   

Still a max 8.1M over 2 years would be low end starter $ but given he was at the back end of the roster still a nice story for him.     

It's interesting to me how aggressive Veach is with extensions. He's extended Erving, Reiter, and Williams all during the year. All backend roster guys originally who impress, getting a bit of a raise with the potential for us to be spending less in a year or two if they keep it up.

6 hours ago, Danger said:

Good for him. He contributed to me winning my money league and $700

Yep, I picked him and Ware up when Hunt went down (at the top of my league, but you know, gotta have the assets) and he ended up filling in for Gurley in my championship game, securing the win.  He's got a great skill set out of the backfield, and I imagine they look for a more physical runner in the draft or free agency, Williams is going to be a key contributor moving forward.  

I'm still kinda uncertain which of my two thoughts this reinforces more.  That i always kinda felt like Damien Williams was a really good prospect and an underrated/underutilized Pro...or that the Hunt was more a beneficiary of the Chief's firewagon offense, than vice-versa.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'm still kinda uncertain which of my two thoughts this reinforces more.  That i always kinda felt like Damien Williams was a really good prospect and an underrated/underutilized Pro...or that the Hunt was more a beneficiary of the Chief's firewagon offense, than vice-versa.

I feel like both things are at least partially true. Damien definitely had flashes here in Miami. Hunt definitely benefited from all the offensive talent around him (that isn't to say Hunt couldn't be successful elsewhere).

Archived