Week 17 GDT: Seeding, Playoffs Positioning, 2 Postseason Spots Up For Grabs

CKS97

31 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Last 8 got swept by their division winner and their butts kicked by the Saints. Three of those five wins by 1 score and the other two were sweeping the Redskins with what their backup and fourth string QB? I didn't realize what I said would be so controversial or offensive. No team in the NFC is really rolling into the playoffs IMO. 

eagles are hot and have the 2 best qbs in the nfc. 

57 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Meh, lost to the Giants, beat the Rams, beat the Packers by 7 almost lost to the Niners and did pretty good today vs the Vikings. Not rolling in but not playing bad. My point was none of the playoff teams from the NFC are really hot right now. 

They're 9-1 in their last 10 (lost in overtime to Giants without Mitch), and in the last 4 games, opponents (including the Rams) are averaging 10.5 ppg. I'd say they're the hottest team in the NFC entering the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, yomyyo said:

They're 9-1 in their last 10 (lost in overtime to Giants without Mitch), and in the last 4 games, opponents (including the Rams) are averaging 10.5 ppg. I'd say they're the hottest team in the NFC entering the playoffs. 

Rams are 13-3 in their last 16, as are the Saints. Obviously, the Rams and Saints are the hottest teams in the NFC entering the playoffs.

The Rams are a dangerous team. They just pulled a more than capable back off the streets and he rushed for 167yds last week and 132yds (for not even 2 and half quarters) this week. Thats what they did WITHOUT Gurley. With Gurley and now Anderson, if McVay commits to the run like he has the past two weeks, the Rams offense is going to be hard to contain. 

People forget that the Rams were the top rushing team in the NFL for the 1st half of the season. They can run the ball if they just commit to it. It looks like McVay has committed to it and now he has another toy in Anderson to play with. A back whom was a vital to the Broncos won the Superbowl in 2016. Anderson has fresh legs as well. Plus his style of play is going to be perfect if the Rams have to play Chicago and then New Orleans. Anderson is a very hard guy to bring down where a 1yd gain turns into a 4yd gain. Instead of it being 2nd and 9 it becomes 2nd and 6. So again now teams will have to deal with Gurley and Anderson and if McVay continues to lean on the run like he has the past two games, NFC teams good luck. 

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

If the Browns had a top 15 kicker in football and the refs didnt job them out of 2 separate games, they are 10-6 and winning the division. 

I miss Phil Dawson and refs that didnt have seductive pics of Jimmy Haslem on their phone.

So they did Browns things? I've been a big advocate for the Browns, even before the season I posted on here about them being the biggest surprise team this year...However I swear the Browns franchise is cursed lol

Wow did the Browns (and Steelers) get SHAFTED.

No excuse IMO for that missed fumble on the goal line by the Ravens. The Browns had a walk in TD. Obviously after review they got the call "correct", but you do NOT call that a TD there. It would be easy to overturn it as a TD if he got it over the line - let the play go. Browns would have won, and the Ravens would be at home.

16 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Meh, lost to the Giants, beat the Rams, beat the Packers by 7 almost lost to the Niners and did pretty good today vs the Vikings. Not rolling in but not playing bad. My point was none of the playoff teams from the NFC are really hot right now. 

Yeah I’m with you. Last year the Saints, Vikings, and Falcons all looked really strong heading into the playoffs.

Yes, the NFC playoff teams have had a strong finish record wise, but they’ve all shown their weaknesses the last few weeks.  

Except maybe the Bears, but they’re the only team without playoff experience.

Archived