Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

lol, IT deferring to Love? Oh, sweetheart, you naive young man. 

Anyway, I'm shocked I've only been mentioned once in this thing. I hate this trade. It's terrible on Boston's part. Just a straight fleece. 

I sure hope Stevens can make a point guard out of Kyrie because if he cannot, the Celtics botched the rebuild. This ruined my whole night at work. It all hinges on Stevens now. I can't believe this. 

This is awful for the Cs. I seriously can't get it. IT2 were damn near identical statistically, IT2 has proven to be a lead dog on a winning team Kyrie has not. Both are liabilities defensively so you essentially swap a guy for youth (although they've played the same amount of time in the NBA) and also give up Crowder, who gives Lebron a strong backup and a great defender, a big guy off the bench, and a likely top 5 pick at worst. Makes absolutely zero sense for me if I'm a Celtics fan.

Well, Zizic is a total unknown. I wasn't too sweet on him so whatever on that. Crowder is a fantastic 3/D guy but certainly not as good Smart/Bradley defensively AND WE LOST BRADLEY 

IT is a better player than Kyrie. Kyrie certainly has better tools than IT but he's never really played within an offense. He's younger and on a contract so I guess at the worst, you're not locking yourself up with the roster this time next year. 

I don't know, I can't believe it still. This goes against everything Ainge has done the last few years. 

I can already hear Felgah and Maz "HE FINALLY MADE A MOVE, TRADER DANNY" and spanking it on sports radio for the next three weeks despite getting fleeeeeeeced.

This feels like a panic move. Why, I don't know. Now Tatum HAS to be a star.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

If it were the Lakers pick, I'd be a little tiny bit less perturbed. But, alas.

It makes me feel like they really like Brown and Tatum. 

Keep in mind that Lakers pick may not even convey this year. There's a chance (very small chance but alas) that the pick the Cs get back is #30 next year. Think about it.

Lakers Pick is either #1 or 7-30, it won't convey, becomes the Sacramento Pick.

Sacramento gets the #1 pick in 2019 which conveys to Philly. In that time Sixers add a big time FA to a core of Embiid/Simmons/Fultz/Saric/Covington and Korkmaz and TLC develop into viable rotation pieces and Reddick re-signs to a more cap-friendly deal.

literally Boston would get the 30th pick if the LA pick doesn't convey this year, the Kings get the #1 pick next year, and by that time the Sixers have the top record in basketball.

I would like this trade for Boston or even LOVE it IF Boston didn't include Brooklyn's pick but rather any of Boston's other 1st rd picks. Next years draft is so loaded at the top. Giving up that pick is going to kill me next year.

the reasons I do like the trade however, is I for one think that Crowder (Bradley previously) are limited and peaked players who really can't get much better. With those guys gone, Boston can give major minutes to J Brown and J Tatum right away. Along with G Hayward and now Kyrie, Boston has a core of young players who can grow together for the next 5 years. 

Kyrie will still have a ton to prove, like being a true leader, a scorer and facilitator at the same time. Perhaps with another team I might bet against that, but Brad Stevens is the perfect coach to make Kyrie become all that Kyrie thinks he can be. 

As mentioned already trading a injured 29 year old PG with 1 year left on his contract (while wanting a "MAX extension) for a 25 year old with 2 years on his contract is great move. If only Brooklyn doesn't get Cleveland a top 3 pick.

So they go from the 1 seed and a CF to Al Horford being the only returning starter?

this is an entirely new team. 

IT/Bradley/Crowder/Johnson/Olynyk all gone. 

I guess they are doing something like 

Irving/Brown/Hayward/Morris/Horford starting and Smart/Rozier/Tatum/Baynes off the bench  

not sure I've seen a 1 seed make so many changes when they were set up with young guys  

they really need PF depth unless they plan to use morris/Tatum/Brown as small ball 4s all the time 

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

It's an awful, awful trade...Kyrie Irving is a transcendent talent...we neither got transcendent talent back immediately or the ability to get a transcendent talent in the future imo as that draft pick will not be worth a lot when people realize how non transcendent Michael Porter Jr. and Marvin Bagley are...

How do we not get either Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum in this deal...Danny Ainge got us good...and will have the top team in the east after Bron leaves...

Thank you Dan Gilbert for firing David Griffin a year after he won the title and for not giving kyrie's closest mentor Phil Hamby and the other assistant coaches new contracts immediately after they won the title and instead penny pinching and waiting until the day of the season to reup CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING ASSISTANT COACHES to their new contracts.

My cousin is friends with Kyrie's old girlfriend and said kyrie and all the players including Ty lue were pissed about Dan Gilbert snubbing the coaches like that...that's where it all started....David Griffin made a fuss and wanted to be president of BBall operations so in the future he would have the power to sign his championship coaches to new contracts right away in order to keep the positive vibes and momentum in the building going...a year later David Griffin was canned....kyrie irving traded...and Dan Gilbert wants us to think all is well b/c they got a shiny draft pick and a 29 point guard...

No one follows the nba closely or they would know that IT has a terrible hip injury that just yesterday Ainge and Stevens said was taking longer than expected to rehab. The hip is a major fulcrum for power, speed, and quickness which is the whole game for a 5ft 9 point guard.

Kyrie Irving is the top finisher in the entire league at the rim. This has been said by numerous hall of famers and nba experts. He's 25 years old. Has the best handles in the league according to most. Is a 40% 3pt shooter as of recent and is big time in the clutch hitting the biggest shot in finals history with a high degree of difficulty. There is not a player to ever be in the nba like that to hit the trade market....

What we get in return is a 28 yr old soon to be 29 pg with less size, less ability to create on his own, a worse defender than kyrie, a substantially worse 3pt shooter, and a player that has to get next years max which will be at least 12 mil/yr above Kyrie's current max contract thereby pushing our cap number even higher.

We get a trash throw-away center who won't be in the league long

Jae Crowder who everyone is talking about his defense but forget in the playoffs this year the guy couldn't hit an open shot and celtics fans and broadcasters said had the "playoff yips" a guy not mentally tough in the playoffs that will threaten an opposing defense

And lastly a potential top 2 pick which is said to be Michael Porter Jr. or Marvin Bagley both of which are not franchise players as Porter Jr. is more Danillo Gallinari than Kevin Durant and Bagley has no offensive game and is more like an Andre Drummond...the top pick next year won't be close to Tatum, Fultz, or Lonzo...

If Jayson Tatum was in the deal, I could live with what the cavs got back because you get a special transcendent player...

As the trade is constituted, we got no transcendent talents...and Michael Porter Jr or Marvin Bagley are not it...they are decent players....if next year was a kevin durant type draft or a draft like this year maybe I'd be upset but eventually accept the deal...

Saying that we won or we got a haul is madness in my mind...

Flash forward to tomorrow when all these cavs fans realize Isaiah thomas my not start the year and may come back a step slow at 5ft 9 next year...lol...then their opinions will change...