Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

Just now, seminoles1 said:

How often were people talking about how great Golden State looked at the end of the season going into the playoffs?  Answer: All the god damn time.

When does Golden State not look great?  They've looked pretty great over the past three years, outside of the last few games of the 2016 NBA Finals.  My main point was, Thomas has really proven nothing as a big time post-season performer in his career and when you play for the Cleveland Cavaliers the NBA Finals is what really matters - not the regular season. 

1 minute ago, showtime said:

When does Golden State not look great?  They've looked pretty great over the past three years, outside of the last few games of the 2016 NBA Finals.  My main point was, Thomas has really proven nothing as a big time post-season performer in his career and when you play for the Cleveland Cavaliers the NBA Finals is what really matters - not the regular season. 

I have to disagree, he was HUGE until he got banged up last post-season. He out dueled Wall for 33 and 53 against the wizards in round 2 before ailing from that hip, and even then he bounced back in game 7 to put up 29 with 12 assists. He got knocked out of the Cleveland series early and its hard to say what he would have done if the hip didnt begin to hamper him halfway through round 2, but he was a big reason they got to the ECF

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't really care who won or who lost this trade - I Get it from both sides, and I can see upside both ways. The thing I love is that this is just a fun trade. I have no other way to describe it...just fun. 

This is absolutely true. This offseason has been incredibly fun. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nzd07 said:

Same with the Celtics honestly. Does Ainge really believe Kyrie is better than Butler/PG13? :$

Its not that simple though. PG13 is MUCH older and on a 1 year deal, he doesnt carry as much value despite whether he is better that Irving or not. Butler has not been as productive as Kyrie, but you could definitely argue that he is better. However, Chicago made a decision early before Ainge was willing to make a move. He definitely want to go through FA, and the Hayward saga proves that endgame was always the plan. If Chicago hadnt pulled the trigger, it's likely Ainge makes a similar offer eventually for Butler instead of Kyrie. 

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Its not that simple though. PG13 is MUCH older and on a 1 year deal, he doesnt carry as much value despite whether he is better that Irving or not. Butler has not been as productive as Kyrie, but you could definitely argue that he is better. However, Chicago made a decision early before Ainge was willing to make a move. He definitely want to go through FA, and the Hayward saga proves that endgame was always the plan. If Chicago hadnt pulled the trigger, it's likely Ainge makes a similar offer eventually for Butler instead of Kyrie. 

Butler is way better than Kyrie. They could've had him for less. Bottom line. Not to mention that Chicago made the trade with the dude they freaking fired. They were clearly selling to the highest bidder. Ainge looks like a moron. You're right about PG though, forgot about his contract. Dude seems dead set on the Lakers.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

IT goes from being a #1 to #3. 

I really wonder what this team will look like

lol, IT deferring to Love? Oh, sweetheart, you naive young man. 

Anyway, I'm shocked I've only been mentioned once in this thing. I hate this trade. It's terrible on Boston's part. Just a straight fleece. 

I sure hope Stevens can make a point guard out of Kyrie because if he cannot, the Celtics botched the rebuild. This ruined my whole night at work. It all hinges on Stevens now. I can't believe this. 

Could Ainge really have not gotten this done with the Lakers' pick instead?  If not Altman & Gilbert have brass balls to hold out for that unprotected pick.  They should've just traded IT/Tatum since Hayward and Brown are on board.

Edited by DirtyDez

Wow.

Just wow.

What in the world was Ainge thinking? 

Thomas, Crowder, AND the Nets pick? 

Incredible move by Cleveland. Might have pulled off the only thing that would keep LeBron in Cleveland. 

He can compete on the Cavs with Thomas, Bagley, Love, and Crowder.

Hats off to Cleveland.