Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

25 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

I don't understand why people think the Brooklyn pick is gonna make Lebron stay.  Lebron has never trusted rookies.

I understand the cavs getting a potential top pick for a guy that wanted out sounds good in theory but I'm surprised how much love they are getting for this.  Obviously things can change between now and then but next years draft has two or three guys at the top and after that its pretty bland (Doncic, Porter, Ayton).  And i think Cleveland is clearly worse this year when they already weren't gonna win anyways.  IT doesn't seem like a fit next to Bron at all since they both want control of the ball.  Kyrie might not be great at defense but IT is clearly nonexistant.   If they lose IT and Bron at the end of this year and the pick ends up being 4th, they are back in the dumpster for sure

This is not a three player draft. The 2018 draft has 4-5 guys that will be fighting to be the number one pick, and that doesn't include Ayton, who I'm not high on.

2 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

IT was better than Kyrie last year. I get the Kyrie is more valuable (because of age and contract) but he has as many holes as IT. There will not be a huge dropoff, if any, for the Cavs at the PG position.

IT4 is extremely efficient and a good to great scorer. Kyrie has more options on offense due to size and strength advantages and can finish in different ways around the rim where IT4 is limited in his options. That's not to say that IT doesnt overcome the limitations, but it does make Kyrie more dynamic on offense. IT4 is a better shooter though, and probably the better big shot shooter as well. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I think Porter is way above everyone else. 

In the sense that he's a transcendent talent or that the rest are not superstars? I think there's a slight drop from Porter, Doncic, and Bagley to Bamba and Bridges, but I think they can all be superstars.

6 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

This is not a three player draft. The 2018 draft has 4-5 guys that will be fighting to be the number one pick, and that doesn't include Ayton, who I'm not high on.

We say this every year...

1 minute ago, Malik said:

I don't think any future rookie incentives Lebron to stay, but they will have a future in place regardless of if Lebron stays or goes. 

I think that's the biggest takeway from this trade.  Not only do the Cavs have players that can help today in IT/Crowder, they have Zazic and the top 5 pick from Brooklyn incase LeBron leaves.  They can then still keep Crowder around and look to move Love and/or TT.

2 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

In the sense that he's a transcendent talent or that the rest are not superstars? I think there's a slight drop from Porter, Doncic, and Bagley to Bamba and Bridges, but I think they can all be superstars.

That he is way more likely to be a superstar than the rest. His skill level is ridiculous. Bagley would be next because he is a freak athlete but no where as skilled.

Just now, catcheryea said:

what don't you like?

I don't have faith that the shot is real. His left hand is on the ball way too much and he has a bit of a thumb flick. He has no real offensive game and his basketball IQ is legit bad. He has almost no basketball skill and doesn't try either. I have a feeling he's going to be the guy that fails to meet the hype in college. Wouldn't be surprised to see him fall out of the lottery.