Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

That he is way more likely to be a superstar than the rest. His skill level is ridiculous. Bagley would be next because he is a freak athlete but no where as skilled.

I'm really not seeing what you're seeing with Porter...

He's not even in my top 5 

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

That he is way more likely to be a superstar than the rest. His skill level is ridiculous. Bagley would be next because he is a freak athlete but no where as skilled.

I think he and Doncic are for sure the most likely to reach their ceilings. Bagley has been so difficult to get eyes on that I don't know if I can properly form an opinion on him yet, even though I have one.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

I don't have faith that the shot is real. His left hand is on the ball way too much and he has a bit of a thumb flick. He has no real offensive game and his basketball IQ is legit bad. He has almost no basketball skill and doesn't try either. I have a feeling he's going to be the guy that fails to meet the hype in college. Wouldn't be surprised to see him fall out of the lottery.

I know you probably didn't watch (cause it was $30 for 3 games and impossible to find a stream) but the only time I have really watched him was over the Spain trip UA just had. He had a couple of great post moves and is pretty athletic for how big he is. I don't think he is a game changer but he kinda reminds me of Lamarcus Aldridge. 

37 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

In your honest opinion,  would you take Isaiah Thomas and Crowder over Kyrie Irving?

Because for this year, the only year you still have Lebron, the pick doesn't matter.  So if IT and Crowder aren't more valuable to the Cavs than Kyrie was, then in my opinion that means the Cavs got worse...

Yes.

Crowder also gives Lebron a backup.

6 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

I don't have faith that the shot is real. His left hand is on the ball way too much and he has a bit of a thumb flick. He has no real offensive game and his basketball IQ is legit bad. He has almost no basketball skill and doesn't try either. I have a feeling he's going to be the guy that fails to meet the hype in college. Wouldn't be surprised to see him fall out of the lottery.

that's funny. other than the specific shot critique, this is almost exactly how i feel about bamba.

i think ayton's shot is much better, he definitely has a nice right hook and potential for a killer faceup game. i think the effort stuff is overblown and he's much bigger and more a force on the block than bamba.

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

I think the shooting problem is overrated, we were 19th last year but now with a full year of Jrue at PG (much better shooter than Tim Frazier) and Boogie at C (whereas last year it was a weird rotation of bigs with AD with one of Dmo a terrible shooter, TJones a bad shooter, and Ajinca a bad 3 pt shooter). We did lose Buddy's shooting from the SG spot but will now also have a full year of Crawford in his place, who shot even better. Add to that getting Pondexter back who last shot over 40% from 3, and I think it's definitely an overrated problem.

I mean I think we'll only be average at best, I just don't think we'll be a bottom of the barrel, bottom 10 shooting team.

It's definitely not an overrated problem. Quincy Pondexter? Really? Love QP, but come on he needs to show he could get on the court first. Shooting is a legit problem, no need to sugarcoat it. Comes down to if their big 3 is good enough to overcome it. 

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I know you probably didn't watch (cause it was $30 for 3 games and impossible to find a stream) but the only time I have really watched him was over the Spain trip UA just had. He had a couple of great post moves and is pretty athletic for how big he is. I don't think he is a game changer but he kinda reminds me of Lamarcus Aldridge. 

Unfortunately I did not. The kid is a phenomenal athlete, but he just looks so lost on both ends of the floor.

7 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

that's funny. other than the specific shot critique, this is almost exactly how i feel about bamba.

i think ayton's shot is much better, he definitely has a nice right hook and potential for a killer faceup game. i think the effort stuff is overblown and he's much bigger and more a force on the block than bamba.

I think Bamba is incredibly similar to Gobert, but he's a better athlete. But I tend to lean on that side with most attitude issues, but Ayton's personality and attitude remind me of D'Angelo Russell. How he adapts to playing a certain role at Arizona will have an enormous impact on his draft stock.

37 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

lmao he forgot bagley too

Nah just been busy lately, hadn't heard Bagley officially reclassified.

40 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

This is not a three player draft. The 2018 draft has 4-5 guys that will be fighting to be the number one pick, and that doesn't include Ayton, who I'm not high on.

Bagley helps the top of the draft, but im still pretty underwhelmed personally with the class.  Its so far out and I obviously havent kept up on news of the summer, but the highschool class was pretty skimpy with NBA talent in my mind.  I think Bridges is a good player but I don't think he has the ball skills to be a superstar wing.  To me Bagley makes it a four person draft instead of three.  And im not even super confident in Doncic or Ayton yet which makes me even more willing to move a high pick for kyrie

Bagley-  I think Bagley is probably the best in the class now that he reclassified.  He's got great physical tools and a good baseline of skill for a big.  Don't know that hes someone you can build an nba team around but its early.

Porter-  I wasn't a big fan of porter early on.  His jump shot and just the way he moved around seemed to awkward to me.  Thought his play style seemed kind of soft.  Lately the thought of him filling out and becoming stronger has given me more confidence in his nba potential and looking less awkward. 

Doncic-  I have never been all that impressed with the clips I've seen of him but so many people rave about him that I assume there is something to it.  I'm not a believer that he will be special in the NBA.

Ayton- Ayton I can see going either way but I think he can be very effective if Sean Miller can coach him up and more importantly help him grow up.  His physical tools and mobility are what you hope for in a center.  I don't believe in his jump shot but if Miller can humble him and get him to play like a big he could end up being somewhere in between Deandre Jordan and Dwight Howard.

Other than them I see significant drop off.

Duval-  Don't think he can shoot well enough to become an above average point guard

Bamba- I don't see any offensive game whatsoever

Jaren Jackson- If i'm just going off my opinion of what I've seen of guys so far I would probably put him 4th above Doncic, but I want to see how he plays at michigan state before I bunch him into tier one.  His high school team was stacked and he was just bigger than most of the people i saw him playing against.

Edited by grubs10

21 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Kyrie was the one guy that Warriors you could say "feared", now that's gone lol. 

I can tell you have a IQ lower than your post count with posts like these.

There's this guy named Lebron James. You may or may not have heard of him.