Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

16 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

I don't understand why people think the Brooklyn pick is gonna make Lebron stay.  Lebron has never trusted rookies.

I understand the cavs getting a potential top pick for a guy that wanted out sounds good in theory but I'm surprised how much love they are getting for this.  Obviously things can change between now and then but next years draft has two or three guys at the top and after that its pretty bland (Doncic, Porter, Ayton).  And i think Cleveland is clearly worse this year when they already weren't gonna win anyways.  IT doesn't seem like a fit next to Bron at all since they both want control of the ball.  Kyrie might not be great at defense but IT is clearly nonexistant.   If they lose IT and Bron at the end of this year and the pick ends up being 4th, they are back in the dumpster for sure

You didn't even mention who a lot of people consider the best player in the draft in Marvin Bagley III.

Cleveland set themselves up to still win the East and are MUCH better prepared for LeBron leaving by getting Zizic and the Brooklyn pick.  It's a good trade for them from both angles.

Dont get me wrong, this is a pretty amazing haul for Cleveland, but that doesnt mean that Boston wont reap the benefits of this trade as well.  Someone try to tell me that Kyrie isn't a significant upgrade from Isaiah Thomas.  And while it sucks losing Crowder, they're in a position where they can afford to get rid of their assets, because now they have the star power to compete with the Cavs with both Kyrie and Hayward

Somebody made a good point, assuming the Nets pick is high how is that in anyway gonna convince Bron to stay? It won't hurt but I fail to see how it makes a notable difference given how rookies and LeBron don't go well and he would stagnate any grow they have to make with his play style

Edited by Kip Smithers

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

That's pretty much how it's been before with only brief spurts of Kyrie doing it instead.

That's my point though, if you don't have at least IT on the floor with him then he's gonna be doing all game along as opposed to having arguably the best 1v1 scorer in the league taking some that burden off

6 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Somebody made a good point, assuming the Nets pick is high how is that in anyway gonna convince Bron to stay? It won't hurt but I fail to see how it makes a notable difference.

LeBron will leave if he wants to. This trade would not have changed much.

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You didn't even mention who a lot of people consider the best player in the draft in Marvin Bagley III.

Cleveland set themselves up to still win the East and are MUCH better prepared for LeBron leaving by getting Zizic and the Brooklyn pick.  It's a good trade for them from both angles.

I've been out of the loop.  I knew Bagley was heavily considering reclassifying but I hadn't heard it was official.  That helps with the depth of the draft and makes me like it a little more, but that picks value still heavily relies on it being a top 5 pick.  I guess Cleveland probably won't get a better option but I still don't think Lebron cares at all about the pick unless the cavs trade it again for an established player.  In the end I guess its a risk worth taking for the cavs to pray the pick ends up top 3.