Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I like this more for the Celtics than I do the Cavaliers.  Isaiah Thomas is three years older than the Kyrie Irving and I believe Irving is clearly the superior player.  Unless I am mistaken, Thomas' contract will expire at the end of the season so that's a negative for the Cavaliers whether they let Thomas walk or sign him to a mega deal.  Also, Jae Crowder is a decent player, but nothing special and the Celtics have so much talent they could easily afford to let him go.  The Brooklyn pick could end up being #1 overall, but more realistically somewhere in the top five.  It's really hard to tell because I think the Nets will be better this upcoming season than they were last year and who knows how the lottery balls will bounce.  

The Celtics got an exceptionally talented point guard who is 25 years of age.  They are a very well coached team and a team that is really good right now, yet also in a great spot for the future as well.  I see no reason why Kyrie Irving would leave the Celtics when his contract is up in two years.  I really love what the Celtics have done all off-season.  Terrific draft and their free agency has been out of this world.  Kudos for having a tremendous off-season.

Disagreed with almost all of this. 

That being said, solid deal for the Celts, great deal for the Cavs.

Terrific move for Cleveland. The Brooklyn pick significantly improves their chances of keeping LeBron, and it's a tremendous return for a guy like Kyrie. Getting an All Star and a likely top 5 pick plus a role player on a super favorable deal? Great GM work.

I just don't get why this was the deal for Ainge to move the Brooklyn pick.

I'd love for the Cavs to now move IT. He is an absolute defensive liability and I still think that they could get something in return for him to go along with what will almost certainly be an extremely high pick next year. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Love as well.

I view this as a complete win – win for Cleveland. If LeBron leaves, then they have a few players and high pick in return, and this could actually make him want to stay more as they could still be considered contenders for a title with a high pick.

Interesting position for the Cavs. Some suggesting they try to flip that Brooklyn pick now and get another major piece. I don't think they can lose sight of what could happen to them next summer but it's a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

How is crowder at guarding KD?

How is anyone at guarding KD? He's at least someone who could check KD for the entire game while letting LeBron get a breather on that end. I mean better than LeBron getting cooked all game by KD or even better Richard F'n Jefferson LOL.

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Bulls got such a terrible return maybe it could have happened. The Celtics should have then drafted Ball in that scenario. Get more size at the position and a pure PG while Butler/IT handle the scoring. Still, getting Kyrie is solid. 

Now, the question is what will the Pelicans do with Cousins if they struggle to start the season? The Celtics were the obvious pairing there.

Depends on the reasoning for the struggling and what Boogie says.

If Boogie and AD look amazing together but everyone else plays like trash, then ask Boogie if he plans on re-signing or not. If no, trade him and fire everyone in the offseason. If yes, don't trade him and still fire everyone.

If Boogie and AD just aren't working too well as a pairing, trade Boogie to Cavs for Brooklyn pick package. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

How is anyone at guarding KD? He's at least someone who could check KD for the entire game while letting LeBron get a breather on that end. I mean better than LeBron getting cooked all game by KD or even better Richard F'n Jefferson LOL.

That's kinda what I meant. I just want someone who's competent and can get a hand in his face. 

Just now, Spartica4Real said:

Depends on the reasoning for the struggling and what Boogie says.

If Boogie and AD look amazing together but everyone else plays like trash, then ask Boogie if he plans on re-signing or not. If no, trade him and fire everyone in the offseason. If yes, don't trade him and still fire everyone.

If Boogie and AD just aren't working too well as a pairing, trade Boogie to Cavs for Brooklyn pick package. 

Interesting. Don't think the Cavs would do that with their big three all being UFAs next season. 

But I think both Cousins/AD are going to kill it next season. Just depends on how the rest of the team does. Damn shame how little shooting you guys have.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That's kinda what I meant. I just want someone who's competent and can get a hand in his face. 

Yeah, Crowder is real solid. Will fit in well with LeBron. The Cavs need as many defenders as they could get.