Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

Cavs shouldn't and wouldn't trade the BKN pick for an expiring at the deadline.  It'll be a huge piece for them pre-draft if they think they can convince LeBron to stay and if not then they will just keep it and draft a potential young stud.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Interesting. Don't think the Cavs would do that with their big three all being UFAs next season. 

But I think both Cousins/AD are going to kill it next season. Just depends on how the rest of the team does. Damn shame how little shooting you guys have.

I think the shooting problem is overrated, we were 19th last year but now with a full year of Jrue at PG (much better shooter than Tim Frazier) and Boogie at C (whereas last year it was a weird rotation of bigs with AD with one of Dmo a terrible shooter, TJones a bad shooter, and Ajinca a bad 3 pt shooter). We did lose Buddy's shooting from the SG spot but will now also have a full year of Crawford in his place, who shot even better. Add to that getting Pondexter back who last shot over 40% from 3, and I think it's definitely an overrated problem.

I mean I think we'll only be average at best, I just don't think we'll be a bottom of the barrel, bottom 10 shooting team.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

pretty solid move for Gilbert's wallet 

So to wrap it up

-The Cavs get better or stay even in the short term 

-They get a pick to help for the long term, which will REALLY help if LeBron wants to leave and they need a piece to build around

-They save money

-They also happen to get a great role player

All while trading a star who WANTED to be gone anyways. Amazing trade for the Cavs, all things considered. Think it'll work out fine for Boston though. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Iggles said:

Terrific move for Cleveland. The Brooklyn pick significantly improves their chances of keeping LeBron, and it's a tremendous return for a guy like Kyrie. Getting an All Star and a likely top 5 pick plus a role player on a super favorable deal? Great GM work.

I just don't get why this was the deal for Ainge to move the Brooklyn pick.

Why would an unproven rookie significantly improve the Cavaliers chances of keeping LeBron?  Even if they trade the pick for a vet, who are they going to get?  Is this even going to be a really good draft?  Where will the Nets pick be?  There's so many questions surrounding the pick.  Thomas is also due for a mega deal contract and honestly, he is not worth it.  So are the Cavs going to let Thomas walk or are they going to sign him?  

Why did Ainge wait for this deal to move the Nets pick?  Because Kyrie Irving is an ultra talented player who is still very young.  This will also be his first season as an NBA player where he will be under the tutelage of an excellent coach on a team that will compete for an NBA Finals spot this season while still having young talent to potentially be even better in the future.