Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

This feels totally unbalanced... The Cavs get rid of a player who essentially publicly demanded a trade, for a player near the same caliber who can play the same role, AND a solid role player AND a virtually guaranteed top 5 pick in next year's draft (probably #1 given Cleveland's luck)? I don't get it for the Celtics. They only marginally improve with this move.

Celtics clearly were hesitant to extend Thomas and they get Kyrie for at least two seasons. It isn't all that bad of a deal for them. It gives them a better chance in the playoffs as well. Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford is rock solid with the potential of being damn good.

And obviously the Cavs get a nice haul for a guy they pretty much had to move.

So last year we had the Durant/Westbrook awkward moment in the ASG, and this year it will be LeBron/Kyrie. Difference is both will be starting so you really can't ignore it.

Boston should have just drafted Fultz if we are being honest here.  Then could have traded a similar package for Butler while keeping IT.

Long term it's still a good play by Ainge but I just cannot believe this is what he traded the BKN pick for.

Edited by CAS22

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Celtics clearly were hesitant to extend Thomas and they get Kyrie for at least two seasons. It isn't all that bad of a deal for them. It gives them a better chance in the playoffs as well. Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford is rock solid with the potential of being damn good.

And obviously the Cavs get a nice haul for a guy they pretty much had to move.

So last year we had the Durant/Westbrook awkward moment in the ASG, and this year it will be LeBron/Kyrie. Difference is both will be starting so you really can't ignore it.

LeBron is going to go nuclear on Boston I CANNOT WAIT 

Just now, DalCowboyzRule said:

As everyone else has said, Cleveland killed this trade. Unreal they pulled all that for Kyrie.

I'm glad Kyrie didn't get traded to the Suns. I need that Booker/Jackson duo to prosper and lead them to playoffs in a couple of years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This feels totally unbalanced... The Cavs get rid of a player who essentially publicly demanded a trade, for a player near the same caliber who can play the same role, AND a solid role player AND a virtually guaranteed top 5 pick in next year's draft (probably #1 given Cleveland's luck)? I don't get it for the Celtics. They only marginally improve with this move.

The "Kyrie demanded a trade" doesn't really matter. As long as there was more than 1 team that wanted him, the Celtics were going to get full price.