Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

3 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

Nah just been busy lately, hadn't heard Bagley officially reclassified.

Bagley helps the top of the draft, but im still pretty underwhelmed personally with the class.  Its so far out and I obviously havent kept up on news of the summer, but the highschool class was pretty skimpy with NBA talent in my mind.  I think Bridges is a good player but I don't think he has the ball skills to be a superstar wing.  To me Bagley makes it a four person draft instead of three.  And im not even super confident in Doncic or Ayton yet which makes me even more willing to move a high pick for kyrie

Bagley-  I think Bagley is probably the best in the class now that he reclassified.  He's got great physical tools and a good baseline of skill for a big.  Don't know that hes someone you can build an nba team around but its early.

Porter-  I wasn't a big fan of porter early on.  His jump shot and just the way he moved around seemed to awkward to me.  Thought his play style seemed kind of soft.  Lately the thought of him filling out and becoming stronger has given me more confidence in his nba potential and looking less awkward. 

Doncic-  I have never been all that impressed with the clips I've seen of him but so many people rave about him that I assume there is something to it.  I'm not a believer that he will be special in the NBA.

Ayton- Ayton I can see going either way but I think he can be very effective if Sean Miller can coach him up.  His physical tools and mobility are what you hope for in a center.  I don't believe in his jump shot but if Miller can humble him and get him to play like a big he could end up being somewhere in between Deandre Jordan and Dwight Howard.

Other than them I see significant drop off.

Duval-  Don't think he can shoot well enough to become an above average point guard

Bamba- I don't see any offensive game whatsoever

Jaren Jackson- If i'm just going off my opinion of what I've seen of guys so far I would probably put him 4th above Doncic, but I want to see how he plays at michigan state before I bunch him into tier one.  His high school team was stacked and he was just bigger than most of the people i saw him playing against.

I like Jackson a lot, too. But you're spot on with Duval. This high school guard class is dreadful.

I'd probably play Bridges at the four, which really increases his value as an NBA player. He doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective.

Doncic has Rubio-level court vision and passing ability, while also having a good handle and the ability to knock down shots. He's an average athlete who tries on defense, which should allow him to be an above average defender in the NBA. I'm still in awe of this kid. The more I watch him the more I think he's the best guy in this class. 

Agree on Bamba, but he has the tools to be a better version of Gobert. If he developed an offensive game it would be a bonus.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I can tell you have a IQ lower than your post count with posts like these.

There's this guy named Lebron James. You may or may not have heard of him.

I just explained why I said that. And I put quotation marks around the word feared, which I thought was blatant. Clearly not

Get outta here with your sensitive self. 

Edited by Kip Smithers

forsberg_chris.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Chris ForsbergESPN Staff Writer 

Astoundingly, only four of the 15 players from last year's Celtics team that made the Eastern Conference finals remain in Al Horford, Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, and Terry Rozier. Since the end of the season, the Celtics have traded Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, and Avery Bradley, and bid farewell to key contributors in Amir Johnson, Kelly Olynyk, Gerald Green, and Jonas Jerebko.

cleveland got a great deal all things considered. They got better as a team for this year. They're going to probably get another high pick next year, which will help their rebuild when IT and Lebron leave next year. Not bad. And they got better on D w/ Crowder

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Somebody made a good point, assuming the Nets pick is high how is that in anyway gonna convince Bron to stay? It won't hurt but I fail to see how it makes a notable difference given how rookies and LeBron don't go well and he would stagnate any grow they have to make with his play style

The pick and Zizic are insurance for LeBron leaving, not to convince him to stay.  Thomas and Crowder are there to help win this season.

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Celtics better hope they can outscore everybody.

That doesnt make sense. They replace Crowder with Hayward, who is a much better offensive player and who had a better defensive win share than Crowder last season (3.3 to 2.5). Kyrie and Isaiah are a wash on defense (but I would argue that Irving has more ability to play D), and Marcus Smart moves into that defensive 2 role. He was actually just as good on defense as Bradley last season, but his offensive game was not on par. 

Wow. It finally happened. Kyrie Traded and Danny makes a Trade. They happened together and I'm still trying to decide how I feel about the deal. General thoughts:

I've probably said similar things about IT and Kyrie about them being overrated I'll stand by a lot of that but admit some of it was exaggerated but for many reasons I'll take Kyrie over IT all day. Age, contract, health, overall play, etc. 

I think this move makes Boston better this year but I still think Cleveland will likely win the East. 

Does this at all impact LeBron staying? IT is also an impending FA. 

Is IT damanaged goods?

Does Cleveland have another move to make before the season?

I'm going to assume IT is all good and with that being said Cleveland got much better value than I would have imagined. I thought they'd have to settle for something rather mediocre or maybe be forced to have him play half the season or a full season with them. Obviously they are better with Kyrie but I'm sure he would half *** it at times. 

Crowder im sure is viewed by many people differently at the very worst he is a nice defensive player on a very nice contract but will lose a few games for you on his below average 3 point shooting and his reluctance to stop shooting. At best he learns his place makes better decisions and really gels with Bron. He is at least a good value get.

Zicic is an interesting player but relatively unknown does he even come over this year? He should eventually become a contributing player and anything else is a bonus. 

The real piece will be the Nets pick where I think #1 COULD still be in play and that would be huge for Cleveland to get that back. However I think worst case would in the 10-13 range where Brooklyn has a much better season where they aren't the worst team in the NBA but still just missing the playoffs in the east. I think they'll fall somewhere in between that and pick 4-9 range in what could be a pretty solid draft even missing out on a top 3 pick you could still get a real difference maker. 

I think the pick unless it's dealt in a move before the season to add another piece in what could be a one year one last chance for Cleveland type of move is the key factor in this trade getting done. Had they not included the Brooklyn pick this would have been an easy win for Boston imo and that's kinda what you'd expect from a star player that wants out but I gotta give it to Cleveland on this move. 

I guess Kyrie will have 2 year trial period in Boston and he can decide if he wants to re-up but I see no indication despite Boston having a nice future that Kyrie would do this and obviously is LeBron leave I see no reason for IT or the Cavs to want to continue that relationship unless for some reason Cleveland panics and offers him the max so honestly who knows how this move looks even two years from now. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I can tell you have a IQ lower than your post count with posts like these.

There's this guy named Lebron James. You may or may not have heard of him.

No need to insult him. You know better.