Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

44 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

Does Lebron pressure the cavs to use the brooklyn pick (and maybe Love) to get more help now?  Would the Cavs fold to him?

Not without a long term commitment.  I don't care what LeBron says or does to threaten the front office about trading that Brooklyn pick; I don't make any trades until LeBron is signed.  If LeBron says make the trade first, then I laugh at him.

7 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

I can't believe people are actually saying IT is better than Kyrie... They have similar flaws but IT is a few steps behind Kyrie as a player.

In what regard? I can't believe people are saying Kyrie is better than IT. This move wasn't about Kyrie as a player, obviously. This move was about what Kyrie can be as a player. Danny Ainge specifically said the word "timeline" when talking about why they made the move. Kyrie fits the timeline. Isaiah doesn't. 

28 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Boston set themselves up for a Irving, Hayward, Tatum, Horford core and a strong coach going forward the next few years along with another good draft pick next year. They are still developing and will come out strong the other end of a rough league to play in. 

The Cavs basically got Crowder and a draft pick for when Lebron bails on them. In the meanwhile they can watch Lebron and IT butt heads until both likely ditch the team. I guess they can look forward to another finals loss, only this time they can watch as Lebron tries to rally to keep it close until IT takes a crazy shot that whiffs and kills momentum. No team is a whole lot better, but one team is going in the right direction and one if flailing 

....Jaylen Brown????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

IT doesn't take bad shots, anyway.

7 hours ago, lancerman said:

I hate Thomas, he's a guy who can just kill momentum sometimes. His positives aren't worth that. I trust Kyrie more. For that alone I'm fine with the trade. Celtics now have Hayward, Tatum, Irving and Lebron's about to leave the conference in a year.

WAIT LOL HOLY CRAP

YOU TRUST KYRIE IRVING TO NOT TAKE A BAD SHOT MORE THAN YOU TRUST ISAIAH THOMAS? DO YOU WATCH KYRIE IRVING PLAY BASKETBALL, HE IS THE KING OF MOMENTUM KILLING BAD SHOTS, THATS LITERALLY HIS WHOLE GAME, THEY JUST GO IN SOMETIMES

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

WAIT LOL HOLY CRAP

YOU TRUST KYRIE IRVING TO NOT TAKE A BAD SHOT MORE THAN YOU TRUST ISAIAH THOMAS? DO YOU WATCH KYRIE IRVING PLAY BASKETBALL, HE IS THE KING OF MOMENTUM KILLING BAD SHOTS, THATS LITERALLY HIS WHOLE GAME, THEY JUST GO IN SOMETIMES

Yeah if you wanna complain about bad shot selection with regards to IT then you probably got somebody just as bad, if not worse. 

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

The Suns did Cleveland a favor by not pulling the trigger on Jackson.  This deal is better than Bledsoe/Jackson.  Also where is all this Nets' hype coming from?  They'll be awful again.

The fact that their roster is much better than last year and only had the worst record last year because they had no Randy Foye and Dindwiddie as their starting PG while Jeremy Lin missed a ton of games. 

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

The Suns did Cleveland a favor by not pulling the trigger on Jackson.  This deal is better than Bledsoe/Jackson.  Also where is all this Nets' hype coming from?  They'll be awful again.

It's arguable which is better.  With Bledsoe you get someone who can't score as well but plays much better defense, Jackson would likely be a similar player to Crowder this year, but with more upside, and well obviously the Brooklyn pick is definitely better than any pick Phoenix could've given, but it's really about do you want your upside to start this year or next.  I also think that the Cavs would be better this year with Bledsoe/Jackson than IT/Crowder

11 minutes ago, Raves said:

It's arguable which is better.  With Bledsoe you get someone who can't score as well but plays much better defense, Jackson would likely be a similar player to Crowder this year, but with more upside, and well obviously the Brooklyn pick is definitely better than any pick Phoenix could've given, but it's really about do you want your upside to start this year or next.  I also think that the Cavs would be better this year with Bledsoe/Jackson than IT/Crowder

I don't see Jackson making the impact Crowder would in year 1 of his career.  The difference in 3pt shooting is mainly why for me. 

Edited by DirtyDez

Kyrie has Kobe-lite potential but there is no way Cleveland didn't win this trade.  They went from an impossible spot to making a lateral move at PG, bringing in Crowder who helps them out big time against the Warrior, and bringing in potentially a top-5 pick.  Warriors are still massive favorites but Cleveland also still has one more shot with Lebron which is all that matters. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

I don't think Crowder helps out big time against the Warriors...Who is he defending? Draymond Green? Thats not exactly who the Cavs are worried about. He's definitely not helping out with Curry, Klay or KD.

Can he disturb KD at all?