Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

On 25 August 2017 at 4:40 PM, seminoles1 said:

Their best player is a hurt Jeremy Lin.  They have intriguing pieces, but that roster is still absolutely awful.  There's no guarantee that they will be a bottom 2 team, but there are only 2 teams I'd say that have as bad of a roster as Brooklyn as currently constructed: Chicago and Atlanta.  Now Brooklyn's young players could take some leaps, but so could all the other teams you listed (Indiana is clearly better to me already).  Injuries could push other teams down to Brooklyn's level, but right now, they are clearly a bottom 3 team to me.

Only Chicago and ATL? Umm, the Knicks? The Kings? Pacers? I'm not saying this Nets team is good all of a sudden. Why are the Lakers definitively better. If the Nets are relatively healthy I don't see them being top 5. Their roster is much better than last year. 

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Only Chicago and ATL? Umm, the Knicks? The Kings? Pacers? I'm not saying this Nets team is good all of a sudden. Why are the Lakers definitively better. If the Nets are relatively healthy I don't see them being top 5. Their roster is much better than last year. 

All those teams you listed have at least 2 players better than the best player on the Nets (Carmelo & Kristaps are light years better than anyone on Brooklyn, Hill & Randolph, Turner & Young, Lopez & Randle).

Brooklyn's roster is not much better than last year.  They lost by far their best player.

I also like the youth on the Kings and Lakers a lot more than the youth on the Nets.

2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

No way the Celtics add more. Cavs knew IT had a bad hip. Celtics and Cavs will find an independent doctor most likely. 

To be honest, this is a low move from the Cavs. They clearly knew IT was damaged and now they're publicizing it to try and get another asset. 

Or the more realistic scenario where the bahstahn doctors didn't fully disclose the extent of the injury.  The physical our doctors gave discovered it was worse than told.

I still think this trade goes thru.  And you give us Tatum.  Only fair.

• Like 1

And with Carmelo and Kristaps, they were still horrible. While the Nets without said players weren't really all that different. You acting as if this team will only win 20 games again which is ridiculous TBH.

The Nets lost their best player last year and replaced him with 4 guys who can make at least decent contributions. Brook isn't that good to offset those additions. The roster is much better than last year. Instead trotting out guys like Randy Foye, Spencer Dindwiddie, Archie Goodwin, Donald Sloan, Joe Harris playing quite high mins we now have Russell, Carroll, Crabbe to take those mins who are "light years" better. 

39 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

Ya if I'm Boston I'm calling Clevelands bluff.  Everyone knows they arent gonna find a better deal and if they void it you get your lottery pick back.

Yeah Cleveland couldnt find an offer like Boston's offer. If Thomas is truly that damaged off goods than their offer isnt that good/unique. Cleveland wanted a high potential pick and a impact kind of player. If Cleveland wanted one or the other they could easily make that with Irving offers. 

Edited by buno67

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah Cleveland couldnt find an offer like Boston's offer. If Thomas is truly that damaged off goods than their offer isnt that good/unique. Cleveland wanted a high potential pick and a impact kind of player. If Cleveland wanted one or the other they could easily make that with Irving offers. 

And if I'm Boston I say cool.  Good Luck.  And take back Thomas, Crowder, and the lottery pick, and go back to the plan they had all along.  But I doubt Thomas is that drastically worse than they thought.

3 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

And if I'm Boston I say cool.  Good Luck.  And take back Thomas, Crowder, and the lottery pick, and go back to the plan they had all along.  But I doubt Thomas is that drastically worse than they thought.

doesnt matter what we think, its all about what the Cavs' physicians think. Cleveland's head team doctor is part of the #3 orthopaedic program in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. So I would trust their evalation. Boston's doc is part of the #15 rank programs. I would trust Cleveland's evaluation over Boston's evaluation