Mike Mayock nearing deal to be Raiders next GM.

TecmoSuperJoe

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You're not gonna be the GM because of a podcast

You vastly undersell my abilities in spoken word. 

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You're looking at Director of Fullback Scouting at best.

Director level? I'll take that.

17 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You wanna be enthusiastic about fullbacks to Jon Gruden? For years? Being that happy about anything may actually kill you.

I have to think working for Jon is like being in a cult. After a while, the doctrine washes over you like a tidal wave and I'm out singing the praises of a bunch of dudes because they head butt a teammate without a helmet on (because that's when you KNOW you found a fullback. This guy? He's just a football player right here, just loves playing football with a football...)

Just now, ET80 said:

You vastly undersell my abilities in spoken word. 

Director level? I'll take that.

I have to think working for Jon is like being in a cult. After a while, the doctrine washes over you like a tidal wave and I'm out singing the praises of a bunch of dudes because they head butt a teammate without a helmet on (because that's when you KNOW you found a fullback. This guy? He's just a football player right here, just loves playing football with a football...)

Keep in mind, it's Director of Fullback scouting and the guy signing your checks drives a minivan older than his last haircut. You're getting minimum wage, and not California minimum wage, Nevada minimum wage. I'm assuming that's somewhere around 4 nickels per year.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Keep in mind, it's Director of Fullback scouting and the guy signing your checks drives a minivan older than his last haircut. You're getting minimum wage, and not California minimum wage, Nevada minimum wage. I'm assuming that's somewhere around 4 nickels per year.

That's only what we show on our taxes. When you account for unreported income, we all make like 750K a year valeting cars or dealing blackjack. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
4 hours ago, ET80 said:

With his barber? I'd make due.

Samsies.

Oooohhhh I wonder if I could just be his barber.

Literally can’t get worse, I’d be a legend in one day.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That's only what we show on our taxes. When you account for unreported income, we all make like 750K a year valeting cars or dealing blackjack. 

I'm totes gonna be that guy who can get you in the clubs.

Honestly I don't mind it. This is the new NFL. How many random 'scouts' become GMs and accomplish nothing?  If  John Lynch and Elway can do it? why not Mayock? We're going to Vegas baby! roll the dice. who cares anymore when you have had 1 winning seasons in 15 years.

Would be awesome to see him succeed, it would make me feel 100x more confident about my armchair GMing and I'd feel justified in questioning every step my GM makes.... because as far as I'm concerned Mayock's only qualifications are being on TV as a top of the line armchair scout. It would be cool to see him succeed though in all honesty, might open up the NFL's mind just a little bit when it comes to hiring, although when it comes to FO they might already be pretty open minded, it's the coaching where hires are formulaic and follow a pretty rigid path.

Archived