2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

26 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Bell cost himself tens of millions of dollars here.

They tacked on some ridiculous incentives he'll never hit so that he can puff out his chest and save face.

He basically had one team interested in him.

And if I'm not mistaken only $5 Million more in guaranteed. Wasn't that the "issue" with the Steelers deal? That's some expensive humble pie. 

14 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of idiot Steelers haters in NFL Gen/News.  

they want to focus around "10 mil guaranteed is a trash offer". The reality is the offer was going to be either a 2 year 33 mil or 3 year 45 mil. We had outs after years 2 and 3 if need be. The reality of the jets contract is 2 year 26 mil. They can keep telling themselves whatever they want to but Bell took a gamble and failed. I wish him the best as a jet except  for when he plays us but he made a mistake and I  am glad he never took the deal and locked us into paying that contract.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

they want to focus around "10 mil guaranteed is a trash offer". The reality is the offer was going to be either a 2 year 33 mil or 3 year 45 mil. We had outs after years 2 and 3 if need be. The reality of the jets contract is 2 year 26 mil. They can keep telling themselves whatever they want to but Bell took a gamble and failed. I wish him the best as a jet except  for when he plays us but he made a mistake and I  am glad he never took the deal and locked us into paying that contract.

100% agreed.

There are alot of reasons to take shots at this dumpster fire of a team, and Im fine with the legit ones, but some clowns just want to blindly hate, facts be damned.    

Apparently, these players arent responsible for their own actions.    Anything that goes wrong, its because the big mean Steelers front office or Big Ben.    Like I said, there are a ton of reasons to trash our front office right now, but its funny how that the Steelers were somehow the bad guy for not offering Bell more money.

So I guess that any team that doesnt want to overpay for a player is "the bad guy".     Or maybe just the Steelers....I dont know.   

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of idiot Steelers haters in NFL Gen/News.  

I mean to be fair, NFL Gen is usually just a bunch of monkeys throwing **** at each other. I honestly expect nothing less from these people. I browse through the TAST Forum more than NFL Gen.

Just now, Neumatic said:

I mean to be fair, NFL Gen is usually just a bunch of monkeys throwing **** at each other. I honestly expect nothing less from these people. I browse through the TAST Forum more than NFL Gen.

Yeah, I agree.   But its not just NFL Gen (where I hardly go anymore).....its the NFL News section, too.    

There are alot of good posters, but you have to sift through too much garbage and covert trolling.    

• Like 2

Personally idgaf about Bell and his new contract. I do however find a bit of relief he didnt sign with the Ravens. Yeah it wouldve been a horrible fit but we already got Odell Beckham Jr in our division.

On paper, Cleveland easily has the best offense in the AFCN right now. Colbert better do something about the pass rush and safety position. 

Edited by wwhickok

Just now, warfelg said:

I also saw it pointed out on the NY tax rates vs PA tax rates Bell effectively picked a 2-year $21 mil deal with NYJ over a 3-year $42 mil deal with the Steelers. And that’s where the outs on both contracts existed.

Im really glad his gamble didnt pay off. Itll be a lesson to ppl who think what Bell did was a good idea (MJD)

15 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

After the chickillo signing I am hoping we snag Golden Tate or Tyrell Williams.

I mean c'mon, you made a good move in signing Nelson then you overpay a special teamer?

As much as I don't like the constant bashing of a team

The chik signing just was a bad move... At least wait to see what the 3rd tier OLB market gets, 4 mil can net a solid contributor ... Heck tre Boston would probably gladly take a 4mil apy

If the Pat's offered him that, you say bye just like with Jesse James

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Yeah, I agree.   But its not just NFL Gen (where I hardly go anymore).....its the NFL News section, too.    

There are alot of good posters, but you have to sift through too much garbage and covert trolling.    

Eh, lots of hot takez from folks who don’t know a ton about the team. You guys have been a model franchise for 5 decades.

Bell was a no win situation really.  I mean, are you really gonna spend 60-70 million on a back?  Obviously not.  

Brown forced his hand and you guys got stuck holding a bag of sh*t.  It sucks, but it can happen to any team. He was on a successful team that featured him and had a HOF QB feeding him the ball while paying him top shelf money.  If you aren’t happy with that, good luck...

• Like 3