A Brown or L Bell?

bspice

It seems like both of them are seemingly on there way out of Pittsburgh and could become available for us. Like many have said Bell just wants to get paid and rightfully so. I’m not sure about Brown yet but it seems like there’s something brewing there. 

If I had to pick I would go with Brown because we’re desperate for a #1 to go with Anderson, Enunwa, and Herndon. I think We’re fine with Elijah at RB. If he’s not a detriment to the locker room and the growth of Darnold I say give Pitt a 3rd and let’s make it happen. 

If not, I’m perfectly fine with overpaying for Bell. We just need to land one of them. This offseason should be about the offense and helping Darnold our. We can get a pass rusher in the draft, preferably Bosa or Allen. 

Oh and please sign an offensive minded hc. I’m thinking the OC from Tampa

I don't know if Steelers are actually 100 percent on dumping Antonio Brown no matter what but I am sure Steelers won't object to any high pick in return for him.  Think Jets should go for it?   I don't know.  If Jets were able to sign a bunch of FA to fill out many holes and were one WR away from a "full" team then it would be tempting.

How about both? 

If I had to choose all else equal Brown > Bell. But we will have to trade for Brown. So depending on the compensation, I’d go with Brown.

Both have about 4 years left of high end play. Which lines up perfectly with Darnold’s contract. Try and get both. 

Imagine a WR trio of Brown, Anderson, and Enunwa. Plus Herndon at TE and Bell at RB? We can the focus the rest of our capital on the OL.

So I fast forwarded through that new show The Masked Singer and the singer that was unmasked (lowest votes) at the end was none other than Antonio Brown. Combine that with his Dancing With the Stars appearance a few years ago, i’d Say AB wants to be a celebrity more than a football player. Next thing he’ll show up on the Batchelor or  Celibrity Big Brother. He’s a great WR probably eventual HOFer but i’d say no to the drama and possible locker room poison. 

Bell will probably be overpriced but getting him, Paradis and a proven edge  in free agency would really help. All three three would probably cost a little less than 50 million and that’s if the edge is Clowney, Lawrence or maybe Flowers. 

Bell and only bell. We got rid of players that were locker room cancers here. Some of you have short memories. We need character here, the type of players Mancini wanted to bring in, and did. That’s how we won. Those were the “dogs” Jamal was talking about. Brown isn’t a dog, he’s a great player but he’s a me first guy and a cry baby. Bell at least means business. I want no part of Antonio brown what so ever.  If he was 25-27 then sure but when you’re a jerkoff 31 year old you can kick rocks.

Unless we move back in the draft and acquire an additional high pick, I’m not trading our number 3 pick for AB. Cooper got 2 1sts, so I think a team would make an offer with a 1st. Maybe the Packers or 49ers.

Best offer for AB that includes a 1st I would do is a 2019 3rd rd pick, Crowell, Darron Lee & a conditional 1st in 2020 based on games played and in-season milestones.

21 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Bell and only bell. We got rid of players that were locker room cancers here. Some of you have short memories. We need character here, the type of players Mancini wanted to bring in, and did. That’s how we won. Those were the “dogs” Jamal was talking about. Brown isn’t a dog, he’s a great player but he’s a me first guy and a cry baby. Bell at least means business. I want no part of Antonio brown what so ever.  If he was 25-27 then sure but when you’re a jerkoff 31 year old you can kick rocks.

I mean, Jamal is on social media recruiting AB. So Jamal sees dog in AB.

The problem with not even taking a look at AB is....there’s not many great WR options available and we NEED a #1 in the worst way.

Quincy and Robby would both benefit from a true number 1.

Who else can we get?

Do we just trade back and nab a WR in round 1?

Does this draft have a number 1 WR?

Bell 100% yes.  Brown maybe.

I'm not looking to pay a ton for a 31 year old WR with a history of locker room issues.  If they are just looking to unload him for a mid round pick then it might be worth a shot.  If we can get 2-3 good seasons out of him and have an easy out on his contract should he act up I'd give him a shot.

AB
Robby
Q
Herndon
Bell

That is a scary good offense.

We need a horse at RB. LeVeon Bell would take pressure off of Darnold and give him a security blanket and a guy who can pound the ball. Bell is also gonna be 27, so still prime of his career. 

Brown is a great player, but we really could use that impact RB who takes pressure off of Darnold. Bell is a great runner and receiver at RB, he would be a game changer for our offense. 

3 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Do we even have enough ammo to make a run at AB? We obviously aren't trading #3 and we don't have a 2nd, I'm not sure how we can pull this off.

He is not getting trade before June 1st anyway. Its nearly impossible. 

Bart Scott was taking trade with PIT for AB on the FAN today.  His proposal was swap firsts #3 for #20 and their 2nd for Brown.

I never called a show before but that was sickening to hear and made me want to call up and call him a moron.  A 3rd is the most I would offer take it or leave it.  Anyone else want to offer more they can have him.  No way in hell am I using #3 to get him unless they are offering up future 1st back and want to move up to grab Haskins in a huge trade.

I might consider #3 for Brown, #20, 2018 2nd, 2020 1st and 2020 3rd.  That might peak my interest enough if PIT wants to blow it up and bring in Haskins to groom behind Ben for a year or 2.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:56 AM, DowNY said:

The problem with not even taking a look at AB is....there’s not many great WR options available and we NEED a #1 in the worst way.

Quincy and Robby would both benefit from a true number 1.

Who else can we get?

Do we just trade back and nab a WR in round 1?

Does this draft have a number 1 WR?

Your post and my feelings are the same as yours. A star WR is our biggest need. Sure we have O line needs & a pass rusher. But with out a top WR. our offensive will be the same as last year.

Archived