2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

8 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:
  • guess im one of the only people on here who would take ferrel over gary but at this point in our teams life I prefer the higher floor than ceiling , that's not a knock on either but Ferrell has the feel of a solid lunchpail guy that will average 8-10 sacks a year for 10 yrs. if theres questions about gary AT ALL, im in for Ferrell, he killed Williams when it mattered most btw, has improved every year, only real knock is bend wich hes learning to overcome with overall technique. just imagine him ,flowers , key, and maybe a solid vet or a jelks / granderson. not too horrible imo. especially with a real push in the middle which mack never got the benefit of.

I’d take Ferrell over Gary as well. 4 is too high for Ferrell though, I’d be ok with a small trade down. 

36 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d take Ferrell over Gary as well. 4 is too high for Ferrell though, I’d be ok with a small trade down. 

I don't disagree at all, gary ,Ferrell, sweat at 4 is too high, and if the top 3 d lineman/olb/de are gone then a trade will probably happen with den,ny or jac because not only do they need qbs but itll be easier to swallow at 4 than at 1 -3. imo the best value at 4 if top 3 are gone is d white. going strictly by the charts/scouts. it is a need for us too. but you also have to ask if there is no trade, would any of the top 6 or 7 de`s be there at 24? imo not at the rate teams go thru them, not with the league wide need to get after passers, which is the best way to defend a pass happy league, even the best secondaries cant cover for more than 4/5 seconds.

13 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:
  • guess im one of the only people on here who would take ferrel over gary but at this point in our teams life I prefer the higher floor than ceiling , that's not a knock on either but Ferrell has the feel of a solid lunchpail guy that will average 8-10 sacks a year for 10 yrs. if theres questions about gary AT ALL, im in for Ferrell, he killed Williams when it mattered most btw, has improved every year, only real knock is bend wich hes learning to overcome with overall technique. just imagine him ,flowers , key, and maybe a solid vet or a jelks / granderson. not too horrible imo. especially with a real push in the middle which mack never got the benefit of.

I would also take Ferrell over Gary. He's underrated because he isn't flashy. His technique is among the best. He wins a variety of ways. He can play the run and he has no quit in him. He's going to be a big time leader at the next level. The guy wants to be great and will bring it everyday. 

Gary is a flashy athlete. High ceiling, big bust factor. Motor runs hot and cold. And I still question him on the edge. He's tightly wound in the lower half.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

If there was ever a year to trade up, it’s this year. Shouldn’t cost the house to trade up to 1 or 2... maybe a late 1st or future 1st... I’ll rather draft a franchise changer than 3-4 starters... if you know how to draft you can find starters on day 2 

If we could trade our 4th pick and maybe Seth Roberts or a third round pick to move up to 1st or 2nd, I would do it.  Anything more than that and I'd be pretty upset.  If it doesn't work out then trade back.  I'd rather have a bunch of above average starters than one game changer like K. Mack who obviously couldn't do it on his own.  Hopefully we trade back and still find a diamond in the rough.

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

If there was ever a year to trade up, it’s this year. Shouldn’t cost the house to trade up to 1 or 2... maybe a late 1st or future 1st... I’ll rather draft a franchise changer than 3-4 starters... if you know how to draft you can find starters on day 2 

You keep suggesting this wanting a response. No one is in engaging in the conversation, because we're smarter than that. The response is simple..... you don't trade up, giving up all your assets if you're a rebuilding team. 

That "franchise changer" would be the same problem the Raiders had. 1 great player and nothing else because they gave away all assets to get it. Worse... it would be a draft pick that has more risk attached to it. 

So just drop it. It would be completely dumb to trade up and would cost entirely too much. Find something new to add to the conversation, nobody wants to trade up. 

updates time, read one interesting clip about white running consistently in the 4.4s guy has only played lb for a bit, correct me if im wrong but he started as a rb? and unfortunately I read something about granderson and 3rd degree sexual assault, true or not, sucks for him at this point.

I saw an interesting article. That suggested the Raiders trade a first to the Rams for Gurley. Now I'm not big on drafting a rb in round one unless he is ELITE. But could you Imagine trading 27 for Gurley. Or if the Rams wanted to move up to 24 and we swap and Get Gurley. Or just somehow get Gurley???? He could be a team changer here. Add to that all the draft firepower we have. It could be really interesting.

Archived