2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He won't make it to #4 sadly. Every team in front of us needs an Edge guy and he is 1 A/B to Bosa.

He's not though. He's not an every down edge player, he's a LB who can play edge. He's nothing like Bosa. If you want a pure edge player... Allen is not your guy.

Allen's ability as a pass rusher is so overrated. Most of his TFL and Sacks came completely untouched. Tried to find something that shows this, best I could do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY60rXdn9sE

In this highlight package, he's untouched the first 2 plays then at 1:34 / 2:40 / 3:05 / 3:35 / 4:16 

And he wins against a lot of poor tackles with pure speed. I like him as a LB you can mismatch with. Best fit would be a 3-4 OLB. If a team drafts him to play pure DE, you're limiting his talents.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Josh Allen is an interesting prospect. He would be beast in a LB role in the right scheme. Covering, blitzing, just free to be a playmaker. He's not a player I would stick at edge and expect him to excel. 

I still see him as a better version of Bruce Irvin. It's a mistake if you ask him to be an edge player full time. I think he'd be great in Guenther's system at LB making plays. complement the pass rushers, but not being forced to be the primary pass rusher. He's a swiss army knife for you front 7. See what the Pats do with their LBs, that's the role you want him in.

I think josh could play key’s spot in pg system easily. Towards the end of the year you saw key lining up standing up in the a gap. Pg would take full advantage of josh’s versatility imo

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Daniel Jeremiah's top 50:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001012558/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2019-nfl-draft-10

Interesting notes:

Simmons #5, Wilkins #7 ahead of Ed Oliver

Hollywood Brown his top WR. Ridley his #3 after Metcalf

Abram his top safety 

Singletary (32) his #2 RB after Jacobs who he ranks 6

A lot of OT talent round in his top 50.

I love Wilkins 

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Daniel Jeremiah's top 50:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001012558/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2019-nfl-draft-10

Interesting notes:

Simmons #5, Wilkins #7 ahead of Ed Oliver

Hollywood Brown his top WR. Ridley his #3 after Metcalf

Abram his top safety 

Singletary (32) his #2 RB after Jacobs who he ranks 6

A lot of OT talent round in his top 50.

Still dont agree with Oliver's stock dropping.

Abram doesn't surprise me tho. He's gonna shred the combine. Singletary will as well

we need to trade up for Bosa....   

• we traded with Cardinals last year so they could get their Qb, so they owe us a solid...  they shouldn't ask for that much value since we helped them
  • we honestly need a Mack replacement, Bosa is a can't miss edge player. we need a cornerstone for the defense
  • everyone likely there at 4 is a question mark, we can't screw this pick up.  Gary, Oliver ......  (J Allen and Q Williams likely gone)
  • we already loaded up at DT last year with Hall and Hurst, Simmons really doesn't make sense. Oliver and Gary also more of DTs
  • we have the assets to move up and down the draft
  • Cardinals already have a stud Edge rusher and alot of holes... they could grab a nice interior DL to compliment Chandler Jones, and add more assets to fill holes on their team.. remember how we always wanted a stud DT to compliment Mack

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

we need to trade up for Bosa....   

• we traded with Cardinals last year so they could get their Qb, so they owe us a solid...  they shouldn't ask for that much value since we helped them
  • we honestly need a Mack replacement, Bosa is a can't miss edge player. we need a cornerstone for the defense
  • everyone likely there at 4 is a question mark, we can't screw this pick up.  Gary, Oliver ......  (J Allen and Q Williams likely gone)
  • we already loaded up at DT last year with Hall and Hurst, Simmons really doesn't make sense. Oliver and Gary also more of DTs
  • we have the assets to move up and down the draft
  • Cardinals already have a stud Edge rusher and alot of holes... they could grab a nice interior DL to compliment Chandler Jones, and add more assets to fill holes on their team.. remember how we always wanted a stud DT to compliment Mack

We had Mack and our defense sucked. Maybe hit on multiple good players instead of using assets for one guy who alone won’t put us over the top.

Draft:

4. DT Quinnen Williams

24. LB Devin Bush

27. DE Brian Burns

35. WR A.J. Brown/WR Deebo Samuel/WR Kelvin Harmon, these are my favorite 3 WRs in this class and I guarantee one of them will fall to this pick.

We have Hurst but if Quinnen is there I think we take him. He's IMO by far the 2nd best player in this draft closely behind Bosa.

Burns needs to put on weight but 27 is good value, he's been project mid-late 20's this past week in most media mocks.

Free Agency:

ILB C.J. Mosley - Long Term Deal. Coverage issues I'm aware of but he's smart as the best of the best when it comes to run defending. Devin Bush has the speed and agility to cover RBs and TEs.

DE Dante Fowler Jr. - 3-4 years, whatever market demands. Look, Fowler was beast mode for both the Jags and Rams in a rotational role. He won't be overly pricey, although not cheap either. Good fit to pair with Burns.

S HaHa Clinton-Dix - Will be way way cheaper than Amos or Earl Thomas in Free Agency and is a decent safety. He's excellent in coverage with play making ability. Exactly what we need.

Although we do add a #1 WR to our team, we will have to wait until 2020 to further improve it. Here is our extremely upgraded defense though:

DE: Dante Fowler Jr.

DT: Quinnen Williams

DT: Maurice Hurst, Justin Ellis

DE: Brian Burns

SLB: Marquel Lee

MLB: C.J. Mosley

WLB: Devin Bush

CB: Gareon Conley

S: HaHa Clinton-Dix

S: Karl Joseph

CB: Daryl Worley

Could be a pretty decent defense actually...

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Draft:

4. DT Quinnen Williams

24. LB Devin Bush

27. DE Brian Burns

35. WR A.J. Brown/WR Deebo Samuel/WR Kelvin Harmon, these are my favorite 3 WRs in this class and I guarantee one of them will fall to this pick.

We have Hurst but if Quinnen is there I think we take him. He's IMO by far the 2nd best player in this draft closely behind Bosa.

Burns needs to put on weight but 27 is good value, he's been project mid-late 20's this past week in most media mocks.

Free Agency:

ILB C.J. Mosley - Long Term Deal. Coverage issues I'm aware of but he's smart as the best of the best when it comes to run defending. Devin Bush has the speed and agility to cover RBs and TEs.

DE Dante Fowler Jr. - 3-4 years, whatever market demands. Look, Fowler was beast mode for both the Jags and Rams in a rotational role. He won't be overly pricey, although not cheap either. Good fit to pair with Burns.

S HaHa Clinton-Dix - Will be way way cheaper than Amos or Earl Thomas in Free Agency and is a decent safety. He's excellent in coverage with play making ability. Exactly what we need.

Although we do add a #1 WR to our team, we will have to wait until 2020 to further improve it. Here is our extremely upgraded defense though:

DE: Dante Fowler Jr.

DT: Quinnen Williams

DT: Maurice Hurst, Justin Ellis

DE: Brian Burns

SLB: Marquel Lee

MLB: C.J. Mosley

WLB: Devin Bush

CB: Gareon Conley

S: HaHa Clinton-Dix

S: Karl Joseph

CB: Daryl Worley

Could be a pretty decent defense actually...

Looks decent on paper, but I don't think PG will look for those type of DEs.  Fowler and Burns compare to Key IMO. We already have him in the situational pass rusher spot.  Micheal Johnson, Carlos Dunlap, Frostee Rucker are the typical body style he's had. Solid in the run game and decent pass rush across the line.

I don't like Ferrell or Gary at #4, but they are more in line with his history.  Montez Sweat and Ziggy Ansah might be a pair.

1 minute ago, true2form said:

Looks decent on paper, but I don't think PG will look for those type of DEs.  Fowler and Burns compare to Key IMO. We already have him in the situational pass rusher spot.  Micheal Johnson, Carlos Dunlap, Frostee Rucker are the typical body style he's had. Solid in the run game and decent pass rush across the line.

I don't like Ferrell or Gary at #4, but they are more in line with his history.  Montez Sweat and Ziggy Ansah might be a pair.

Sounds like Brandon Graham would be a perfect fit for PG then. Elite run defenser, above average pass rusher, and PFF grades him Top 50 every year. Shouldn’t be too pricey. 

• guess im one of the only people on here who would take ferrel over gary but at this point in our teams life I prefer the higher floor than ceiling , that's not a knock on either but Ferrell has the feel of a solid lunchpail guy that will average 8-10 sacks a year for 10 yrs. if theres questions about gary AT ALL, im in for Ferrell, he killed Williams when it mattered most btw, has improved every year, only real knock is bend wich hes learning to overcome with overall technique. just imagine him ,flowers , key, and maybe a solid vet or a jelks / granderson. not too horrible imo. especially with a real push in the middle which mack never got the benefit of.

Archived