The Gun Thread

fotballer

Any of ya'll gun people cross eye dominant shooters or whatevs?  Is it hard to overcome?

I know i'm at least a little bit cross-dominant.  I'm Right Handed, but definitely a little bit Left Eye dominant.  And do a lot of random things left-handed too.  Any time i've done shooting though, a right handed grip/stance/position has always seemed natural to me though.  Is that going to go really badly for me in trying to get good?  I've heard of really awesome cross-dominant shooters...but they seem like the outlier or something.

It's one thing that has always made me hesitant to spend the money to make shooting a big expensive hobby.  If i'm going to either be awful, or have to awkwardly shooter off-handed or something.  That would suck.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Any of ya'll gun people cross eye dominant shooters or whatevs?  Is it hard to overcome?

I know i'm at least a little bit cross-dominant.  I'm Right Handed, but definitely a little bit Left Eye dominant. 

Same. I shoot left handed because my left eye is dominant. I am 100% right handed in everything else I do.

First time I picked up a gun and put it up to my right shoulder and looked down the sights I was like “Well, that doesn’t work like the movie” flipped it to my left shoulder and quickly adjusted.

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I know i'm at least a little bit cross-dominant.  I'm Right Handed, but definitely a little bit Left Eye dominant.  And do a lot of random things left-handed too.  Any time i've done shooting though, a right handed grip/stance/position has always seemed natural to me though.  Is that going to go really badly for me in trying to get good?  I've heard of really awesome cross-dominant shooters...but they seem like the outlier or something.

It's one thing that has always made me hesitant to spend the money to make shooting a big expensive hobby.  If i'm going to either be awful, or have to awkwardly shooter off-handed or something.  That would suck.

Try pistol shooting instead and you won't need to worry about it. 

11 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It's not hard, but requires commitment and training. If you're shooting With a RDS, both eyes should be open anyway.

3 hours ago, eagles101 said:

Get to break out my trusty h&r slug hunter for deer season tomorrow. Trying hornady sst slugs since there 5 dollars cheaper for a box of 5.

That's who made the youth model "Pardner" shotgun my grandpa bought me when I finished hunters safety. Inexpensive, reliable guns from what I remember. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

That's who made the youth model "Pardner" shotgun my grandpa bought me when I finished hunters safety. Inexpensive, reliable guns from what I remember. 

Same with the slug hunter. $350 single shot 900 lbs andcan shot a flea of a racoon at 200 yards.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2018 at 6:19 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t understand what the point of the gun is tbh.

All they did was make a G19 harder to conceal imo.

Yeah...I'm kinda iffy on it, honestly. Probably just going to get a 19 Gen 5, but was just curious if anyone had tried it out.

1 hour ago, Desperado82 said:

Yeah...I'm kinda iffy on it, honestly. Probably just going to get a 19 Gen 5, but was just curious if anyone had tried it out.

G19 is still the king of the fantastic plastics imo.

I’ve yet to find a gun be able to do everything it does, as easily as it does.

For a ccw it doesn’t get any better imo.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

G19 is still the king of the fantastic plastics imo.

I’ve yet to find a gun be able to do everything it does, as easily as it does.

For a ccw it doesn’t get any better imo.

Went and put a down payment on one today. Have to go get my HQL license in March though before I can bring it home...have I mentioned how much I hate Maryland?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Went and put a down payment on one today. Have to go get my HQL license in March though before I can bring it home...have I mentioned how much I hate Maryland?

Lol that sucks.

I just sold a gun to a stranger in a parking lot here this week, totally legal.

Move inland my man.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol that sucks.

I just sold a gun to a stranger in a parking lot here this week, totally legal.

Move inland my man.

Trust me, once I'm stable and have a career path lined up, I'll be moving. 

• Like 1