LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I have no issues with those coaches being Hackett and LaFleur.

They have other responsibilities. Who is going to lead the QB meeting? Surely MLF and Hackett should be part of those sometimes, but I think it's a mistake not to have a QB coach.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

They have other responsibilities. Who is going to lead the QB meeting? Surely MLF and Hackett should be part of those sometimes, but I think it's a mistake not to have a QB coach.

The OC and HC have no room to lead when you break off into indy film meetings, could easily be the ones who lead that. 

Last year was flat out embarrassing with Mac communicating through backup QBs and Philbin and Cingretti stealing a paycheck all year. If LaFleur wants his messages going straight to Rodgers without any sort of middle man I support that 100%. 

If Pettine really is the HC of the defense and LaFleur is going to go the Nagy route and be completely hands off there, no reason he and Hackett can't be QB coach.

Another option is to make Getsy (another college QB) a WR & QB coach.

This is going to be either spectacularly good or spectacularly bad. 

The good comes from these coaches assembled are young, should be able to relate to players and maybe do the whole millennial thing and be open and considerate blah blah. Fundamentally letting Aaron does his thing and let Pet run the defence.

The bad is I have never seen such an inexperienced group of coaches assembled, particularly the offence. There is no old head around to bounce things off. No balance. No ying and yang. Look at Arizona, young head coach but experienced DC and looking like Hue Jackson as OC,  as well as the rest of the staff being old hands.

It is a question of what wins, new young ideas, or is the lack of experience going to be very telling.

46 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

This is going to be either spectacularly good or spectacularly bad. 

The good comes from these coaches assembled are young, should be able to relate to players and maybe do the whole millennial thing and be open and considerate blah blah. Fundamentally letting Aaron does his thing and let Pet run the defence.

The bad is I have never seen such an inexperienced group of coaches assembled, particularly the offence. There is no old head around to bounce things off. No balance. No ying and yang. Look at Arizona, young head coach but experienced DC and looking like Hue Jackson as OC,  as well as the rest of the staff being old hands.

It is a question of what wins, new young ideas, or is the lack of experience going to be very telling.

Hackett has like 4 seasons of OC experience. Pettine has been a head coach. We just hired a LB coach that’s been doing it for like 12 years. Our OL coach and our head coach have the least amount of experience but I think we have a great mix of youth and experience on this staff.

15 hours ago, packfanfb said:

As I've always said, when in doubt, hire the OL coach who wasnt good enough to play in the NFL as an OLineman. 😂🤣😉

I always heard the C student is often the better teacher than the A student.

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The OC and HC have no room to lead when you break off into indy film meetings, could easily be the ones who lead that. 

Last year was flat out embarrassing with Mac communicating through backup QBs and Philbin and Cingretti stealing a paycheck all year. If LaFleur wants his messages going straight to Rodgers without any sort of middle man I support that 100%. 

If Pettine really is the HC of the defense and LaFleur is going to go the Nagy route and be completely hands off there, no reason he and Hackett can't be QB coach.

Another option is to make Getsy (another college QB) a WR & QB coach.

I'm with Incog.  The last time we one coach in charge of both the QBs and WRs it didn't work out so well.  :/

Archived