Marshawn Lynch??

Humble_Beast

59 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

In general, yes it is. Bell won't be, though. My real worry with Bell is that while you get an undeniably very good RB, you probably don't get particularly good value for money when you sign him as he's going to be the highest paid back in the league.

I do agree that Martin fits our offense in general better than Lynch does, but I do have worries about Martin from a ball security standpoint.

At this point, I'm pretty flexible on what we do at the RB position. Of all the options available, I can get behind any of them really. If it's Lynch, I'd be ok with it, but not ecstatic. Exact same feelings with Martin. Even with LeVeon Bell, while he would play at a higher level than the other two, his salary would bother me. I think RB is one of the lesser worries we have, and there's no definite yes or no moves that we could make at it from all the options available, imo.

His value won't be what he thinks it is!

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

His value won't be what he thinks it is!

It will be if somebody with lots of cap room decide they really want him, and there's always someone out there overpaying the big FAs. I hope it's not us. I don't think it will be either.

Considering we want to look long term, I say move on. Lynch was amazing for us. He broke more tackles than anyone else. But we need a pass catching back. Either resign martin cheap or draft a day 2 back. I'd rather not spend a draft pick on a RB who I don't think can be special. Josh Jacobs and Montgomery are the 2 backs next year who are truly dynamic for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think “if it works out” means if we’re still in Oakland. I love the guy but I do think we need a more explosive and versatile back. I love lynch, probably one of my favorite players of the last decade, but I agree with bp. As good as he looked last year, it’s time to move on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2019 at 11:13 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch! I remember him saying he'd love to have guys back like Bowman and Mack and look how that turned out...........

It's just the usual spin from Gruden and it makes me feel like the chances of Lynch coming back just went down.  

• 1 month later...

With our recent OL additions (Brown, Good) I doubt we go outside zone heavy next year, so Lynch is not that good of a fit anymore and he also have injury questions...pass

Bring back Martin and draft a young one in the 4th-7th round...

8 hours ago, Rolni said:

With our recent OL additions (Brown, Good) I doubt we go outside zone heavy next year, so Lynch is not that good of a fit anymore and he also have injury questions...pass

Bring back Martin and draft a young one in the 4th-7th round...

nah gotta bring him back for the town

Archived