BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

For the billionth time @SwoleXmad

I'm deleting your last Joseph bid

I had more than enough cap at the time of the bid. 

Actually looking at it now, that was probably before the Jones bid went through. 

My bad. 

53 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Are we going to the 24 hour clock today?

According to the darwin thompson bid.  -7:48:23, time is broken. 

19 hours ago, TedLavie said:

@PR @SirA1 @BringinDaPain @Whicker @wwhickok (yeah I know you're not part of this ST but I don't want to exclude you haha) @Counselor @bcb1213 @Jlash @pheltzbahr @MD4L @Ragnarok @WFLukic @SwoleXmad @Hockey5djh @RuskieTitan

I messed up by not giving a end of the ST date. Usually no new bids are accepted beyond the Sunday night. Because the topic was addressed late Sunday and that PR already placed bids on Monday morning it wouldn't be fair to him to cancel those bids imho. I'd say: no news bids can be placed after 11:59pm ET tonight. Does anyone have any objection?

I'm just seeing this now so uh.....?

12 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Also we should 100% revisit the retirement rules in the offseason, guys taking a "year off" and retiring is going to become a more common issue as the next decade and a bunch of medical research comes. 

I agree with this. @SirA1 might as well start the winter meeting topic list now.

In case anyone needs it

Anchorage Wolves @ Hawaii Nightmarchers
Carolina Intimidators @ Camden Hood Rats
Gotham Gashslayers @ Cuba Smugglers
Hungary Hippos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg
Oklahoma City EF5s @ New Orleans Jazz
Rome Eternals @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos
Seoul Dragons @ Singapore Sentinels
Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Portland Horned Owls
  • Like 1

Carolina was arguably the best team in BDL for most of last season. They begin the journey to claim stake in a new season. Camden added multiple QBs this off-season, which QB begins the season?

• Like 1

Gotham Gashslayers @ Cuba Smugglers

Gotham brings back Carson Wentz and added Tyreek Hill to give him a big play weapon. Cuba also added a big play weapon in Brandin Cooks while DeShaun Watson is now the undisputed starter. First game in the Atlantic Division for Cuba.

• Like 2

Hungary Hippos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

A rematch between the starting QBs in the super bowl. Hungary is playing their first game in a new division. Berlin added Tom Brady to create buzz and excitement like never before. How will the new combination begin Brady’s possible final chapter?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Carolina was arguably the best team in BDL for most of last season. They begin the journey to claim stake in a new season. Camden added multiple QBs this off-season, which QB begins the season?

Off-season tensions boil over week 1.

Oklahoma City EF5 @ New Orleans Jazz

Oklahoma City begins without established stars like Cam Newton and Patrick Peterson. Who starts at QB? The first official game for New Orleans without Tom Brady since Lukic’s first season with the Jazz.

Rome Eternals @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

Rome had an opportunity to repeat as champions, but will look to make an unprecedented third consecutive appearance to the championship game. Ivory Coast was dealt a shocking blow when Andrew Luck retired. It’s now Matt Ryan’s show, and his first game is a tough test.

Seoul Dragons @ Singapore Sentinels 

Changing of the guard game? Seoul has had plenty of success in recent years, but Matt Ryan is gone. Kyler Murray is the new starter, and growing pains are expected. Singapore added Aaron Rodgers so the expectations are through the roof. The first game for Le’veon Bell since 2017.

Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Portland Horned Owls

A new team in Williamsport starts its administration with new chairman wwhickok in control. Patrick Mahomes did some amazing things last year so Portland has reason for optimism like few teams. Can they earn a victory and and continue their momentum?

14 minutes ago, Jlash said:
19 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Off-season tensions boil over week 1.

What can I say, the schedule is built for ratings.

• Like 2