BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

Congratulations @Jlash on being the first BDL owner ever to win multiple BDL championships.

@rackcs weren't you supposed to announce the BDL awards this week?

I think Gotham may have one more than one? But if they did it's before the league got this good! Haha.

Thanks everyone. Definitely not the year I thought I'd win another but I'm very happy and appreciate the votes all year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I think Gotham may have one more than one? But if they did it's before the league got this good! Haha.

Thanks everyone. Definitely not the year I thought I'd win another but I'm very happy and appreciate the votes all year.

No, Dublin/irish has two but it was two different owners in mdb and then PSU I believe Gotham only won in 2014 or 2015 I believe.

• Like 1

Two proposals for our winter owners' meeting

1. Open the voting for the Bizz Bowl for one full week - with the Xmas break we saw owners didn't vote / comment this week, which is very understable. 

2. Move the draft from Thu to Wed juste before the actual NFL draft

• Like 1

Disappointing to see such few votes in the biggest game of the season and especially only a few providing reasoning. Thanks @wwhickok @Counselor and @TedLavie for commenting. Not sure who else voted given votes were private but thank you too. 

Another enjoyable yet tiring season down. Glad to have been able to contest the Bizzbowl after falling just short the past two seasons and there's few champions as deserving as @Jlashwho's consistently fielded strong teams for as long as I've been a part of this league. 

I can't say I'm not disappointed about the loss because I think I've built an incredible team with no weaknesses (Josh Allen is a top 10 QB change my mind) and plenty of strengths, but I think the same could be said about Camden (and even Cuba who I fortuitously managed to get past in the semi-finals). With that said you can always get better and that's what I plan to do ahead of next season.

Thank you all for this season. On to the next. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Disappointing to see such few votes in the biggest game of the season and especially only a few providing reasoning. Thanks @wwhickok @Counselor and @TedLavie for commenting. Not sure who else voted given votes were private but thank you too. 

Another enjoyable yet tiring season down. Glad to have been able to contest the Bizzbowl after falling just short the past two seasons and there's few champions as deserving as @Jlashwho's consistently fielded strong teams for as long as I've been a part of this league. 

I can't say I'm not disappointed about the loss because I think I've built an incredible team with no weaknesses (Josh Allen is a top 10 QB change my mind) and plenty of strengths, but I think the same could be said about Camden (and even Cuba who I fortuitously managed to get past in the semi-finals). With that said you can always get better and that's what I plan to do ahead of next season.

Thank you all for this season. On to the next. 

Christmas week is always an issue. We didn't really think this through in the owners meeting but since we end the season there, having more time to vote and comment is possible and would help. I barely thought about getting my vote in and did mine at like 4am. 

I have decided to give it another go next year. Hopefully I don't quit halfway through. We need a new owner for OKC. @Pickle Rick you want to stay on as Hawaii owner?

@The Orca @Blue @Malfatron or others : any interest in the vacant position? 

• Like 3