BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

And signing 37 year old tackles to 5 year contracts isn’t another cheesy way to combat the system?

I’m not running up a price on anyone. I want the same guy you do.

MD I know you do but you're one guy. And also yes I agree with you on the point you just made as well, outside of perhaps a quarterback where is the realism of anybody signing a thirty-seven-year-old player to a five-year contract

Edited by wwhickok

For the record and I understand why MD for L thought so but what I just said about the decrease in years has nothing to do with him. Outside of the fact his bid made me think of it when it pertains to others. I want to make it clear I don't think that that's what he's doing at all but there's been a lot of complaining buy some people about what I feel like is Trivial things almost Petty and honestly there's others that I don't put it above

1 hour ago, PR said:

They front loaded his contract. Gilbert had a deal before this year based on that. Now I have to pay the front load for his one year left. 

Then what happens to players who have their deals back loaded?   This is fair to everyone and how we've done it since I've been around which is a long time 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Then what happens to players who have their deals back loaded?   This is fair to everyone and how we've done it since I've been around which is a long time 

Then they half the last year... just like I was. Same concept. No difference.

Actually there is a significant difference between back loaded and front-loaded contracts. for a guy with a back loaded contract that only gets to consider the final year of the contract he's actually paying a higher 50% where are the guy who as a front-loaded contract and only has to consider the final year is paying a lower 50%. The trade-off is for front-loaded contract if you've got to consider the whole thing your overall 50% is higher. But back-loaded contracts your overall 50% would actually be slightly lower

6 hours ago, Jlash said:

It's the most concise way to do it, otherwise we start going "well he's 3 years into a 5 year deal so I just took the average of the last two years" and then everyone gets upset.

100% correct

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

tfw you didn't realise Laken Tomlinson was the last piece to a championship puzzle.

There’s a pick 4.1 and 4.14 joke I’d make but no one would get it. 😉

• Like 2