BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Man oh man am I glad I have my starting OL locked up. Some of those contracts for some of those players... sheesh.

I've never even heard of some of those guys.

4 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Also pretty sure the 5% extra for less years and 85% of previous offer for extra years can just result in an endless offer cycle and even reduce a players bid I'm pretty sure.

Yep its broken, look at the Tomlinson bidding. 

I propose 20% increase on yearly salary if you want to reduce the years, if you add an extra year it has to be 90% of the yearly salary per year.

No problems that way.

47 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Yep its broken, look at the Tomlinson bidding. 

I propose 20% increase on yearly salary if you want to reduce the years, if you add an extra year it has to be 90% of the yearly salary per year.

No problems that way.

He got paid more than 100% of his real contract but we need more contracts like Andrew Whitworth signing 5 year deals.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MD4L said:

He got paid more than 100% of his real contract but we need more contracts like Andrew Whitworth signing 5 year deals.

That's not my point. The current mechanism lets you actually lower a player's offer in the course of bidding.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

That's not my point. The current mechanism lets you actually lower a player's offer in the course of bidding.

I really don't think so.  It's always going up one way or the other.  I don't see a place where it would ever go down after a consecutive bid 

The terminology should correctly address the problem by placing 85% toward the total value instead of per year.

Thus Rags current offer is invalid. His next offer would have to increase the per year from his previous bid.

In math 

13 hours ago, MD4L said:

Cuba offers 

Laken Tomlinson 2 years $13,800 ($6,900 per)

0.85 x 6900 = 5,865. Instead of

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Berlin offers

Laken Tomlinson 3 years $17,700 ($5900 per)

85% of 6900 is $5,865

Should be

5,865 + 13,800 = $19,665 / 3 = $6,555 per If he wanted to make a valid offer by increasing the year.

• Like 3