BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Just now, MD4L said:

Availability is a prominent ability. And I have the cap space.

You don't sign a meh guard to a 9K deal because you have cap space. The bidding war on Tomlinson was absolutely beyond me. Especially when Marpet ended up being cheaper.

Some mixed up thoughts

• Loved what PR did in this. Secured the best G on a decent deal. Halapio has a lot of upside as well.
  • The older T went for relatively cheap. Good deals for the 3 of them
  • I disagree with Lukic, I like the Jimmy G deal. He has more upside than Stafford/Cam. I would only argue that Jlash should have gone Matt Ryan at this rate. Especially since nowadays QBs play well into their 30s.
  • I didn't get why Counselor signed two RT to long term deals. I like James, with Munchak coming in I think he can one the best RT in the league. But why go after LaEl as well after that?
  • Really didn't like WSR haul. I don't know who Finney is. Donovan Smith is a backup in BDL. And Morse is always injured and not great when he's healthy. Lots of cap spent for this, and I don't think they'll get a lot of production out of it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

You don't sign a meh guard to a 9K deal because you have cap space. The bidding war on Tomlinson was absolutely beyond me. Especially when Marpet ended up being cheaper.

Some mixed up thoughts

• Loved what PR did in this. Secured the best G on a decent deal. Halapio has a lot of upside as well.
  • I disagree with Lukic, I like the Jimmy G deal. He has more upside than Stafford/Cam. I would only argue that Jlash should have gone Matt Ryan at this rate. Especially since nowadays QBs play well into their 30s.
  • I didn't get why Counselor signed two RT to long term deals. I like James, with Munchak coming in I think he can one the best RT in the league. But why go after LaEl as well after that?
  • Really didn't like WSR haul. I don't know who Finney is. Donovan Smith is a backup in BDL. And Morse is always injured and not great when he's healthy. Lots of cap spent for this, and I don't think they'll get a lot of production out of it

Clearly, Rags and I did not anticipate the situation. Marpet signed on Tuesday and Tomlinson later in the week. 

My guard spot has been subpar for some years and unlike Morse and Marpet, Laken is extremely durable. We got tremendous value on the starting tackles (less than 12k total), so I made the best decision to build a quality team. 

Tomlinson has missed one game in the last two seasons. He wasn’t particularly good his first few years hence we traded him. 

We couldn’t go into the year with shark tank guys. 

5 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I don't remember what's the exact rules on this, but Lukic bids go above his cap space. Not sure if they're valid

Hmm, you're right. Barely though. I can clear the cap so it should be fine and someone will outbid me shortly anyway on one of them.

8 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Some mixed up thoughts

Depth my man. Oline depth has demolished teams in this sim. I’m three LT’s (two starting one potential player) and 3 RT (same thing) deep. 

Mitch Morse was actually one of the best centers in the League last year when healthy. BJ Finney he's a swing guard Center for the Pittsburgh Steelers he has starting experience and has played very well in doing so. He was the starting center two seasons ago when maurkice Pouncey was out for pretty much the entire season. Donovan Smith most likely will be a backup in BDL for my team. Let's be real the free agency class in this league is not particularly strong so you kind of got to go with what you've got available

• Like 1

You could have gotten Finney and Smith in the Shark Tank though for $450 each most likely on 1 year deals. I know you are overly concerned with turnover though. (You shouldn't be over half the rosters turn over every year for the most part.)

• Like 2