BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

@SirA1 what is the rule regarding bidding yourself over the roster count limit? I don't think bids that make you go over 70 players are forbidden, but I'm not sure.

Because @PR is currently at 74 players with current eading bids included, but has 5 sub500 cuttable players

6 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I would agree in a vacuum, but the fact that some people can't access google drive in work put them at a competitive disadvantage which makes a 48hr clock mandatory

5 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Perhaps...Would be worth monitoring to see if that time frame couldn't be shortened in future years.  Two days just seems like a long time.

Honestly the 48 hours was put in as a failsafe until we vote on whether or not to keep the new form/sheet that Mike built. I really don't mind dropping it back to 24 hours but I don't think that it can be done this year as it would affect the active bids.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

you can't bid yourself over the cap, as already stated

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

You have 24 hours to get under the roster limit. However IR/FA/SUSP players don't count against the 70.

Would you not have the same 24 hour window to get under the cap or are we playing by two different rules when it comes to Cap limit and roster limit?

57 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Would you not have the same 24 hour window to get under the cap or are we playing by two different rules when it comes to Cap limit and roster limit?

Latter. We originally made a it this way when waivers were earlier in the week and guys hadn't hit IR yet as well as players coming back from ir 

Edit thanks for that last part sirA 

Edited by bcb1213
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

Yeah he has 59 active player and had 15 leading bids at the time 

Where do we draw the line?

I ask this because what if in this particular case PR didn't have enough sub 500 cuts or didn't have enough cap space to FA cut/double down. This is not currently the case and PR has plenty of sub 500 cuts that it's not an issue but I'm really just curious what the process would be if he didn't have enough roster space, cap space, or cut-able players?