BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Regardless of previous comments, this has nothing to do with the outcome of this weeks game. I have had, let's just say, a rough week emotionally, recently I havent gotten to spend much time with my family because of my job so when I said to WFLukic I had better things to do, I wasnt trying to be an a-hole or dramatic. I intend to spend the weekend with my wife and kids and focus all of my attention there so from tomorrow afternoon to Sunday afternoon my activity will be hit or miss. I will not have time to sit down and write a gameplan for Week 12. This isnt me tanking or giving up, regardless of what I've said in the past, this is me trying to get my head right. So I wont be sending in a gameplan for my matchup with NOLA. I apologize in advance but would hope people, who've seen my 'mood swing' lately and now know why, would understand.  

Quitter.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I agree with this and I'm not trying to pile on but Hawaii was not active at all during the offseason. Could have really made some improvements. Having said that I feel like they did a good job improving throughout the season under new ownership.  Well done @Pickle Rick and @The Orca for doing your best to make the best out of a bad situation. You'll be much better for it next season.

Lol. Get the hell out of here with that garbage. Jlash was talking about Orlando/Carolina/Lancaster.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Does anyone have a clue what the tiebreakers are for the playoffs?

Playoffs

Each division winner is qualified for the playoffs as one of the top 4 seeds. The 4 next best records are qualified as the 5-8 seeds. Lowest Seeds play Higher seeds. Higher seeds have the  Home field.

Homefield advantage carries through the first round of the playoffs and the semifinals and the Bizz bowl is on a neutral field.

@SirA1 would be the go to for this one. My assumption would be NFL tiebreaker rules (head to head, Division, common games, conference) but its not in the rules doc.

14 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Well I’m going to do it anyway. I’ll write it and wait till Sunday morning to submit it if everyone approves. Minimum day tomorrow so I have more time and can write the WSR plan. 

I'm ok with it if everyone else is. A couple years ago I did 3 game plans one week. It's kinda cool to attack with someone else's roster.

• Like 3

On 11/20/2019 at 1:45 AM, Blue said:

Take care of yourself first, but I consider that a strong incentive to get a co-owner to help you out. Don't know how much interest y'all have from other people on here tho.

Other than Hightower, I don't see a LB on your roster that I would want starting in BDL. He hasn't been 100% healthy in recent years either.

Want to write.my.gameplan for.me this week?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

@SirA1 would be the go to for this one. My assumption would be NFL tiebreaker rules (head to head, Division, common games, conference) but its not in the rules doc.

This is all I saw as well. Just looking for clarification. I was planning on doing a breakdown of playoff implications for the games next week but wanted to know the tiebreakers first.

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

@wwhickok you should let me write your gameplan for you so at least you have something turned in and we aren’t just handing teams votes so easily. 
Is anyone opposed to that? Or anyone else that plans on not turning in a plan I’ll write yours. 

I dont have an issue with this BUT if you're going to, let @WFLukic know because right now as far as he knows I'm not turning on in. I want him to be able to plan accordingly 

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

Lol. Get the hell out of here with that garbage. Jlash was talking about Orlando/Carolina/Lancaster.

Oh yeah I'm sorry Hockey, you're right I got the 2 teams confused. My apoligies.

@rackcs helluva a job cleaning up BDPs  mess 

And still, they did a good job picking up where you left off Hockey

• Like 2